Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we take the risk and sign Gifton Noel-Williams?

Should we sign Gifton Noel-Williams now?

• Yes

Votes: 45 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • Don't know

Votes: 6 7.5%

• Total voters

Our main target of Ben Burgess has fallen through because Phil Parkinson at Hull won't let him go, the next realistic one we have now is Gifton Noel-Williams. McGhee confirmed tonight that he has spoken to Cotterill today about his availability.

My impression of the conversation tonight at the Supporters Club AGM is that what is stopping us signing him is -- ourselves.

There is a realistic concern that he may not be able to play a full season for us because of his well-known arthritis problems, McGhee suggested tonight a figure of 35 games a season.

The fact of the matter is that we almost certainly go to Rotherham on Saturday with Jake, Alex and CKR as our choices if we now do nothing.

Should we now take the risk with our money and bring GNW in?

My feeling (complete guesswork) is that there is a difference of opinion within the Albion hierachy about spending our money on this player. My guesswork is that McGhee wants to go for it but he is not getting the support of the board (apologies if this guesswork is wide of the mark).

But if this is the case, should the board commit the money we had already set aside for Danny Dichio and for Ben Burgess (with the obvious risk that both Dichio and Burgess may become available to us once they start spending the first half of the season as no better than in their respective stiffs).

Yes or no, should we go for GNW now?

My view is YES - it may be rash, it may be a gamble, but the board need to invest in the team even at the cost of possibly GNW not working out and there being no money left for later bids for Dichio/Burgess.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Agree

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
London Irish said:
Our main target of Ben Burgess has fallen through because Phil Parkinson at Hull won't let him go, the next realistic one we have now is Gifton Noel-Williams. McGhee confirmed tonight that he has spoken to Cotterill today about his availability.

My impression of the conversation tonight at the Supporters Club AGM is that what is stopping us signing him is -- ourselves.

There is a realistic concern that he may not be able to play a full season for us because of his well-known arthritis problems, McGhee suggested tonight a figure of 35 games a season.

The fact of the matter is that we almost certainly go to Rotherham on Saturday with Jake, Alex and CKR as our choices if we now do nothing.

Should we now take the risk with our money and bring GNW in?

My feeling (complete guesswork) is that there is a difference of opinion within the Albion hierachy about spending our money on this player. My guesswork is that McGhee wants to go for it but he is not getting the support of the board (apologies if this guesswork is wide of the mark).

But if this is the case, should the board commit the money we had aleady set aside for Danny Dichio and for Ben Burgess (with the obvious risk that both Dichio and Burgess may become available to us once they start spending the first half of the season as no better than their respective stiffs).

Yes or no, should we go for GNW now?

My view is YES - it may be rash, it may be a gamble, but the board need to invest in the team even at the cost of possibly GNW not working out and there be no money left for later bids for Dichio/Burgess.

Will he want to drop down a division and play in League One, I seriously doubt it. Go back to your desk and keep writing for the Guardian you boring twat.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Re: Re: Should we take the risk and sign Gifton Noel-Williams?

brightonfan_86 said:
Will he want to drop down a division and play in League One, I seriously doubt it. Go back to your desk and keep writing for the guardian you boring twat.

:clap2:

That is the first time i have really laughed at one of your posts.BRILLIANT

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Should we take the risk and sign Gifton Noel-Williams?

brightonfan_86 said:
Will he want to drop down a division and play in League One, I seriously doubt it. Go back to your desk and keep writing for the guardian you boring twat.

Kev he was offering a well thought out decent thread.

One thing that is boring is...."I think we will finish in midtable miocrity":jester:

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Should we take the risk and sign Gifton Noel-Williams?

BarrelofFun said:
Kev he was offering a well thought out decent thread.

One thing that is boring is...."I think we will finish in midtable miocrity":jester:

'SAKE. At least Kev gets it wrong right.

Don't you know anything?

Its mid table midocrity :rolleyes:

;)

Last edited:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
What about a 3 month loan deal and then we can see how he gets on? Then either sign him up or try again for burgess etc. He has to do something as the fans really are losing patience with all of this.???

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

BarrelofFun said:

:D

I feel we need him to be honest.

Zamoras goals largely got us up from this league in 2002. Knight's goals largely got us up in 2004.

Can CKR and Robinson get 25/30 goals between them????
GNW can head a ball and hit the net, that's good enough for me.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Re: Re: Re: Re: Should we take the risk and sign Gifton Noel-Williams?

Edward Scissorhands said:
'SAKE. At least Kev gets it wrong right.

Don't you know anything?

Its mid table midocrity :rolleyes:

;)

:lol: :clap:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Should we take the risk and sign Gifton Noel-Williams?

Edward Scissorhands said:
Hello Mark, how are you this evening?

Knackered from work - yourself?

I've just finished reading through the argus Albion supplement, and is naturally deluded me into thinking that we might just have a good season after all:)

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Should we take the risk and sign Gifton Noel-Williams?

Withdean Wanderer said:
Knackered from work - yourself?

I've just finished reading through the argus Albion supplement, and is naturally deluded me into thinking that we might just have a good season after all:)

Done bugger all today...you gotta love the summer hols.

We'll beat that out of you on Thursday :)

algie said:
:clap2:

That is the first time i have really laughed at one of your posts.BRILLIANT

The thickest fool who posts about politics on NSC laughs at a post by the thickest fool who posts about football. A marriage made in heaven :love:

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Should we take the risk and sign Gifton Noel-Williams?

London Irish said:
The thickest fool who posts about politics on NSC laughs at a post by the thickest fool who posts about football. A marriage made in heaven :love:
More personal abuse LI?... Tut tut tut. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here