Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we laugh ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
From the Mail

If the deal does fall through you wonder if Calderon came crawling back whether Gus would want him.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think Gus has shown he i his own man and will not be bullied, yet will have the bollocks to say yeah inigo we will sign you, but on my terms and for the good of the club. After all there is no harm in trying to get a contract elsewhere he has to look after himself (we all do) and maybe we should have offered him longer in the first place if we had some foresight as to how good he turned out for us, instead of signing kids like holroyd on longer contracts. But thats football :shrug:

Anyways i for one would welcome him back, thats even if he has left yet :shrug:

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Welcome him back? He can f*** right off.His heart wouldn't be in this club now.We now know what sort of player he is.We don't need players like that.
Anyway Poyet wouldn't have him back now.No chance.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I can't see Pardew getting the bullet, he has done well overall.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
If Southampton sack Pardew will they go for Poyet?

YES.

Especially now he has been in the press saying he would like to extend his contract and highlighted the fact it only has another year to run.

I strongly believe that if Bloom doesn’t give him the extension he wants he’ll be off to somewhere that will.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Absolutely ridiculous to sack Pardew... highly unlikely

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I think Gus said "I can promise you he will not be a Brighton player next season" or something like that. He will not go back on that. Calderon may have made a big mistake - will he get a deal as good as the one we offerred with a club with the prospects we have. A lesson for others here

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Wierd picture of the guy who owns Saints in that link. He's, like, yellow.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
If Southampton sack Pardew, I would not be at all surprised if they go for Poyet and I'm not worried, because I'm confident that Poyet will stay. I'm pretty sure that Poyet or the chairman mentioned sometime ago that they had a gentleman's agreement on two or three clubs that Poyet could go to, if they came in for him - I doubt Southampton would have made the list.

As for Calderon, I think Gus could suck up his pride, but it will be on his terms - I guess we would have to see a very public apology in the same way that we did with Forster. I'm not too worried at the moment though - with Calderon, Painter and Brezovan, Gus has proved that he is more than capable of forming a defence that wouldn't look out of place in the league above. I'm sure Gus will fine a very good replacement... its our attack that I worry about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here