Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we field a full strength team against Wrexham?

Should we field a full strength team against Wrexham?

• Total voters

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Agree with anyone saying we should have played a slightly stronger team, or at least bought on CMS just after hey equalised instead of Kasim and Rodger, and won the game on Saturday. Therefore avoiding a long trip on a Tuesday night a week before we go to Selhurst Park.

Can see Bloom having a word in the ear of Poyet to play more of the first team in the replay to secure another sell out at the Amex for the next round

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I'd rather play the whole development squad, I thought it was great seeing some of the youngsters on Saturday.

We're not going to win the cup so I don't really care if we go out. We'll get beaten by Newcastle, so I'm not even too fussed about that game. I'd rather the first team was fit and raring to go in the important game against the scum on the 31st. That is where our priorities should lie.

By the same token we're not going to win the league. I for one would love another day out like at Villa a few years ago. We are a midtable team and so have no reason to sacrifice the FA Cup. Last year I understood, this year - no.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
By the same token we're not going to win the league. I for one would love another day out like at Villa a few years ago. We are a midtable team and so have no reason to sacrifice the FA Cup. Last year I understood, this year - no.

We do have a reason - it's on the 31st of Jan. If we didn't have that game straight after I'd agree and put a full strength team out. You're right we aren't going up, the last bit of pride left this season is beating the scum at their shithole, do that and he can play the U10s in the FA cup for all I care.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Think we know the answer if we don't put out almost a full side up at Wrexham and a home tie with Newcastle and the pay day it brings is worth the effort. Personally the palace game means very little to me other than its 3 points to scrap for, they are a club who will always be stuck in the shadow of their bigger London neighbours, Southampton are far more worthy opponents for us and like us rule their own city.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Were you one of the booers on Saturday? if so erm go boo yourself!
He had previously announced he would change a lot of players, that is not disregard, that is called strategy, and planning, had we won, everyone would have said he did the right thing! It's easy to be an armchair manager, with your slippers and your pipe!!!

Well,we didn't win did we and in the opinion of many of us ,he was wrong.
We now have yet another cup replay and the same old arguments resurface.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We defo should field the strongest team we can, and should have done so Sat too... if we had, we would probably not be facing a replay anyway...

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
so if cms had come on in last 20 and broke his leg you wouldnt be worried about our league position,
gus picked that team,thinking it was good enough to win,we didnt

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
so if cms had come on in last 20 and broke his leg you wouldnt be worried about our league position,
gus picked that team,thinking it was good enough to win,we didnt

If you think like that nobody would ever play. There is just as much chance of a player breaking his leg in a tackle in training as in a match.
I would think that the reasoning behind his ommission was to give him a rest.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
no just notrisking him in a tin pot cup,we aint ever going to win.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What would be the point in playing the DS and them losing to Wrexham. It would be of more benefit for us to be safetly in about 10th position with no possibility of play offs or relegation in the league at Easter and the give them some league games.

The money from a tie vs Newcastle could finance the loans to do this.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
A sellout home game must be worth over 700k to the club so a better mixture of first team players and development squad should be enough to get us through

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A sellout home game must be worth over 700k to the club so a better mixture of first team players and development squad should be enough to get us through

Just bring in Bridcutt El Abd and CMS to the starting line up from Saturday and play Vincelot or Painter at left back instead of Sampayo.

Adam-Nufc

Jan 9, 2012
Newcastle fan in peace here, go and beat wrexham lads, Fancy a trip to the Amex stadium! Also good luck to yous for the rest of the season hopefully we'll see Brighton in the premier league soon!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes-go full strength...........look at Palace tonight.....ok it might be stretching things to win the competition but the Semis would make a good occasion if we had a large slice of luck.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Play full strength team. Could do with the money and the extra 20 loyalty points to go with the Wrexham 20. I'll have 1,430 providing we beat Wrexham. Super fan :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was thinking that we should bring in the spine of the team ie El Abd Bridcutt andCMS but was then thinking how is the quickest way for the team to get home?

Could they fly to Gatwick or even a local airport if there is one near Wrexham to either Shoreham or Biggin Hill or could they follow the example of the 83 cup team and use a helicopter. Taking into account the transfers from the ground to airports would it be any quicker than a straight coach home or could they even use a train.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Full team, full focus.

The 400K+ profit that a win will bring is, with 14 or so weeks of the season left, 30K a week into the pot for loan player wages.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I have to go with the majority, and say that purely for the money, a win will be very lucrative. So Gus should play a full strength side. But some people are taking it as red, that we will beat Wrexham. It isn't that simple though. They are back on their own patch, and will battle like crazy, and even with our full squad out, a 1-0 to them is not impossible. I'd like to see NUFC, at the Amex, and I'm sure they'd love to see them at the racecourse. It should be a very interesting game Tuesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here