Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we field a full strength team against Wrexham?

Should we field a full strength team against Wrexham?

• Total voters

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Dodgy keeper. Hall bursts forward, midfield [JFC] picks it up, spreads it to wings who a] get to by-line and get it in the six yard box or b] come inside and shoot from 20 yards - the keeper'll spill it or let it in.

Job done.

I'm bottom of the league on Football Manager 2012 btw.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This shouldn't even be in question. We should be playing the strongest possible team, it's the FA Cup. Not a joke competition, with Newcastle at home in the 4th round if we do what we should have already done and beaten non-league opposition. I like Wrexham as much as the next guy, but this is football, we shouldn't be playing them again and we certainly shouldn't treat the competition with disdain by playing a development team. Just my opinion, but I don't expect to see a team full of them. If we're comfortably 2-0 up, then second half bring on players like Rodgers, Sampayo and Agdestein, but not if the game is in the balance.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gus 's mistake yesterday and also showed total disregard for this competition was the 2 subs standing ready to go on and they scored he should have said hang on a minute sit down lets have a rethink and then sent Rogers on and also CMS.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Gus 's mistake yesterday and also showed total disregard for this competition was the 2 subs standing ready to go on and they scored he should have said hang on a minute sit down lets have a rethink and then sent Rogers on and also CMS.

Have to agree with that, very poor decision.

Had we put on say Bridcutt and Dunk we might we having a ticket binfest instead

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Have to agree with that, very poor decision.

Had we put on say Bridcutt and Dunk we might we having a ticket binfest instead

Dunk suspended..........agree re CMS/Bridcutt, but from my privileged position next to the players, believe me it was the strongest possible squad out there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No. he. didn't

They played well!

They may have by their standard but they were not what was needed. Rogers did ok ,not good but ok, and at least he tried to feed the ball through to our front man but unfortunately that front man was Barnes. Had Gus brought him and CMS on he could have played the same balls to him and perhaps he might have scored. Kasim just made the numbers up and offered nothing in respect of making us look like we might get a winner.

I cannot think of another manager that would have carried on with the substitutions as they scored the equaliser when he had his first choice striker available to try to snatch a winner. I have the greatest respect and admiration for Gus but there are times when he f...s up and this was one of them.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Dodgy keeper. Hall bursts forward, midfield [JFC] picks it up, spreads it to wings who a] get to by-line and get it in the six yard box or b] come inside and shoot from 20 yards - the keeper'll spill it or let it in.

Job done.

I'm bottom of the league on Football Manager 2012 btw.

Which league? ???

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I think he should try and win the game therefore playing our strongest team. I love it when we play against top teams & want to see us stuff Newcastle.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Let's be brutally honest. Gus is a moron when it comes to the cups. Dicking around has already cost us big time as we're now having to go to north sodding Wales on a Tuesday night. I have absolutely no doubt he'll play a weak team again. He's nothing if not stubborn.

However, the last thing I want to see is us playing Newcastle three days before Palace. Well, I probably wouldn't even go, so I wouldn't literally see it, but I'd prefer it not to happen so we're ready for Selhurst Park.

1 Magnificent first paragraph.

2 Who the fnck are palarse? Lets focus on playing a proper club like Newcastle United FC.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Newcastle at home if we win ?????
Bloody right we should !!!!!
Youngsters done well and was proud of them Saturday, but The Toons a biggy game TOON BIG toon miss out on !!!!

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
And I thought my BI-POLAR was bad ??????

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Let's be brutally honest. Gus is a moron when it comes to the cups. Dicking around has already cost us big time as we're now having to go to north sodding Wales on a Tuesday night. I have absolutely no doubt he'll play a weak team again. He's nothing if not stubborn.

However, the last thing I want to see is us playing Newcastle three days before Palace. Well, I probably wouldn't even go, so I wouldn't literally see it, but I'd prefer it not to happen so we're ready for Selhurst Park.

Bugger me I thought my BI-POLAR was bad ???????????

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
This shouldn't even be in question. We should be playing the strongest possible team, it's the FA Cup. Not a joke competition, with Newcastle at home in the 4th round if we do what we should have already done and beaten non-league opposition. I like Wrexham as much as the next guy, but this is football, we shouldn't be playing them again and we certainly shouldn't treat the competition with disdain by playing a development team. Just my opinion, but I don't expect to see a team full of them. If we're comfortably 2-0 up, then second half bring on players like Rodgers, Sampayo and Agdestein, but not if the game is in the balance.
I sort of agree with you.
Gus said pre-season that he wanted to bring the top sides down to the Am-Ex, and another chance has come. I think he did the right thing to play the team he did on Saturday, he thought we would probably win, (we nearly did). However with a home game against Newcastle in the next round, i am confident Gus Poyet (my Lord) will select the right balance to enable us to win, but saving some big players and blooding the likes of Hall and maybe having Toby and Roland etc on the bench incase we are 2 or 3 up early on.
I am sure he wont pass up the chance to pit his witts against another prem manager, and pocket more cup money for the club.
We will beat Wrexham, and then give Newcastle a good game, who knows maybe another 1-0 like against Sunderland!

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Were you one of the booers on Saturday? if so erm go boo yourself!
He had previously announced he would change a lot of players, that is not disregard, that is called strategy, and planning, had we won, everyone would have said he did the right thing! It's easy to be an armchair manager, with your slippers and your pipe!!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'd rather play the whole development squad, I thought it was great seeing some of the youngsters on Saturday.

We're not going to win the cup so I don't really care if we go out. We'll get beaten by Newcastle, so I'm not even too fussed about that game. I'd rather the first team was fit and raring to go in the important game against the scum on the 31st. That is where our priorities should lie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here