Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we field a full strength team against Wrexham?

Should we field a full strength team against Wrexham?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To hell with what Gus thinks is best for the purposes of this poll, what would YOU do?

No fence either

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
As a sensible guess, i think we should field a team which can win the game without risking too many of our star players.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
May be a bit late but if we would have feilded our strongest side on Saturday we would be looking forward to Newcastle at home instead of a long trip to Wrexham.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Rather we played the full reserve team. If we don't get through, oh well- we have Palace on Tuesday after Toon game, if we do get through, bonus!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
May be a bit late but if we would have feilded our strongest side on Saturday we would be looking forward to Newcastle at home instead of a long trip to Wrexham.

I think the experience for the players from the development squad who played yesterday will stand us in good stead. It was great to see that the style of football we play thoughout the club now means that players can just slot straight in and look comfortable. I had no complaints yesterday so not fair to have a moan now we've got the chance of a big team at home.

We now need to do all we can to win at Wrexham, strongest possible team for me.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't know, honestly, what makes the whole situation so annoying is that that if we do that it has far more impact on our players than it would have to field a full strength (or two players stronger) team and win the game yesterday.

I'm not really that fussed now, if he puts out the whole development squad or the first team fine. But he was wrong yesterday.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I think the experience for the players from the development squad who played yesterday will stand us in good stead. It was great to see that the style of football we play thoughout the club now means that players can just slot straight in and look comfortable. I had no complaints yesterday so not fair to have a moan now we've got the chance of a big team at home.

We now need to do all we can to win at Wrexham, strongest possible team for me.
I'm not just moaning now I have been moaning (well constructive criticism) since yesterday. Sure the younger players gained some experience however the name of the game is to win games and entertain, always, always field your best side. What did CMS and Bridcutt learn from yesterday other than the bench seats are warm and padded.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I'm not just moaning now I have been moaning (well constructive criticism) since yesterday. Sure the younger players gained some experience however the name of the game is to win games and entertain, always, always field your best side. What did CMS and Bridcutt learn from yesterday other than the bench seats are warm and padded.
don't think CMS and Bridcutt were supposed to be learning anything yesterday were they? ??? :albion2:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
A team like

Brezovan

Hall
Dunk
El Abd
Taricco

Buckley
Forster Caskey
Bridcutt
Sparrow

Barnes
CMS

I think that's a reasonably strong team that can get a result.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

and maybe more injuries like lua lua

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i think any weaker than yesterday and it will be a mistake, the chance of some decent money coming to us if we win and its money we need.

the zap

Jan 6, 2012
i think any weaker than yesterday and it will be a mistake, the chance of some decent money coming to us if we win and its money we need.

i agree it should be stronger than yesterday then the class should show, a cup run would be great

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
I'm in 2 minds on this after yesterday. We should have finished it at home but some of the young players showed better than the 1st teamers. But this is a chance for another big team at home and more money for better players. Slighty off the subject after his display inthe last 2 games I wouldn't be too unhappy if Dunk did leave after the way Hall has come into the side, when he moves forward with the ball he's so much more in control.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What's the revenue that a home tie v Newcastle, plus possible replay plus possible telly money will generate? Its a complete no-brainer to put out our strongest side. The chairman should insist that the manager do so, just in case the manager was thinking of doing otherwise.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
and maybe more injuries like lua lua

I'm sorry but I really don't get this resting players stuff. It's all part of the sport getting knocks we really can't wrap players up in cotton wool as Plooks said it's about winning and to do that you have to field your best / strongest available side. So now we are in a position where our players will have to play another 90 or even 120 minutes and further risk injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here