Should we cash in on Harding...?

• No, we should keep him, he's great.

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Yes, he really isn't THAT good.

Votes: 67 83.8%
  • I support Fences Athletic.

Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters

I actually think he will turn in to a half decent player at some point, but that doesn't help us that much right now. I'd take the money and a decent sell-on clause.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yes we should flog him.

He has not been that good this season despite being superb toward the tail end of last season.

He is lucky to be in the Under 21 set up IMO and if we dont cash in now managers may soon realise he is not all that good.

Plus, he obviously wants to leave because he will not sign a new contract. Cannot blame the lad if he is being told the likes of Everton and Rangers are interested.

Take the money and let him go and have a go at a higher level.

sell, sell, sell and sell. i really have not been that impressed by him. His positioning is poor, he gets knocked off the ball, each time i have seen him he doesn't look that bothered (mind you that could be because he thinks he is on his way and he doesn't want to get injured).

last year he looked a real prospect

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Danny Harding is the best left back we have had in 30 years I have been watching the Albion, better than Gary Williams and a darn sight better than any of the others.

Adam Hinshelwood playing at left back is the only one that comes close. It is so rare that we see a player that it is cut above the rest, that selling any such player is just one more nail in the coffin for the bad service that is given to Albion supporters.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
He's not been brilliant this year but he has got bags of potential... but he's defo going to leave anyway so let's get some dosh for him

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
In my opinion Adam Hinshelwood is FAR FAR Better player than Harding.... I would be gutted to lose him but not Harding.

It's not "harding bashing" just pointing out the facts! Just think of how many goals have come from down his side since he has been in the team???

While he is an Albion player I will support him but if we get a decent offer we have to sell.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
I agree to sell but it has to be woth while if we are not going to get much then why bother.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I think he's a very good left-back, who could turn into a complete legend. The improvement that I've seen has been very real. Yes, he DOES make mistakes, and some of these mistakes have been costly, but he's young and he will learn.

I'll sit on the fence on this one. Like most things these days it's all about the money.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I agree, Hinsh is better! Probably even better as a left back?

Harding is not very exciting. So he is really a left back and nothing else. Reminds me of Samsom of Palace. Really boring but sound. Change of pace and fast recovery if beaten.

Best left back I have ever seen live was the late Kevin Beattie of Ipswich, sound and capable of attacking as well.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
perseus said:
Danny Harding is the best left back we have had in 30 years I have been watching the Albion, better than Gary Williams and a darn sight better than any of the others.

Adam Hinshelwood playing at left back is the only one that comes close. It is so rare that we see a player that it is cut above the rest, that selling any such player is just one more nail in the coffin for the bad service that is given to Albion supporters.

thats funny you managed to top your previous comment- how can you say hes the best left back in 30 years...

Sell!

Was a revelation until the play-off semis last season, when his bottle seemed to go. Not been quite the same player since.

Can we afford potential actually in the team? We have 'potential' in the form of Malango & Jarrett, and they make the bench if lucky.

Only problem I see in selling is that neither Mayo or Jones inspire anymore confidence at left back.

With many on here, Hinshelwood is the most complete youngster we have. Looks very solid indeed.

perseus said:
Danny Harding is the best left back we have had in 30 years I have been watching the Albion

I have a strong feeling you will be standing alone on this one

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Basically he is overrated crap. Gives too many goals away through sloppy passing and being caught out of position.

Peter Smith had the same problem but at least he never disappeared up his own arsehole like Harding has.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Lokki 7 said:
I have a strong feeling you will be standing alone on this one

I thought I was on a safe bet on this one. We have not had any decent left backs except Gary Williams before. Steve Gatting was good (well solid and he did not make many mistakes) but he was not a left back by choice.

Better to sell a full back than someone in the spine of the side, central defender, midfield anchor or striker.

The only time to sell a player is when you have a better one coming through. Southampton sold Martin Chivers because they had Mick Channon coming through.

Leading scorer Fred Binney was shown the door because Peter Ward was coming through.

Or Leon Knight fails to agree hew terms and Jake Robinson is better (hopefully).

More seriously, ver seriously, if one player leaves, the others might want to as well.

I think is important that Danny Harding stays.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Decent enough player, but he is replaceable. I'd rather see him playing for us, but if some bigger club is willing to pay a fair wedge for him then I can't see us being able to afford to turn it down.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
perseus said:

Ian Chapman?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here