Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the club accept Bennett's request?

Should the club accept Bennett's transfer request?

• Total voters

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
All those that think we should sell, I see your point, but they obviously arent offering enough money. I'd rather let him sit in the reserves than go on the cheap.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
As I said the other day , if he wants to go let him go , I know there will be a few on here crying about it but as I said , Bennett is replaceable , it's very good money for a average player IMO , I'd be more upset if Murray left the club to be honest.
So would I. Murray is the key this season, Bennett will make it a hell of a lot easier.

I don't know what money the club has to spend, but if Norwich are prepared to go to £2million as is what is going round, then its up to Gus to make the discussion.

He's spent 250k on Greer, 300k on Noone, so baring that in mind, a Poyet with £2m to spend could do magical things with it. I hate to see Bennett go, but there are a couple I would rather lose Bennett before.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's signed a long contract, and we're not in a position of needing to sell players, so hopefully we'll keep him.

However, football is a business - and that includes our beloved Albion - so if anybody comes along offering seriously silly money, then it would be bad business not to take it.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Only let him go if the fee is right and we can get a quality replacement in before the window shuts.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I agree with most of the comments on here
I don't really think he wants to go but his agent is seeing pound signs
Wait until the summer - IF he helps us get promoted his value will increase anyway and IF he then still wants away . . .well it'll be more money for everyone.
Best advice is "Get a new agent Elliott"

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
bennett why the hell are you requesting to leave??? we are top of our division, with an unbelievable stadium for next season, you are playing better than ever, (than you were at wolves) you really know how to upset the fans and your team mates by letting us all down, you've really pissed me off!!!! if you do go to norwich...........break a leg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BHA-LEO

Jan 19, 2011
I do not think that we should let Elliot go, but if he feels that he can improve his career and maybe double his wages then we should not stand in his way. He has done a job for our club, and for that I will remain grateful to him, But I believe all the time we have Gus in charge, he will have a plan for such events as these, and adapt his team to remain the best in our league. It is rumoured that Lord LuaLua is set for a return, and I would have loved to have seen us play with the choice of Bennett, Noone and Lualua...But Hey!........... If Elliot is allowed to leave, then I wish him every success, although I'd rather see his success at Brighton!!

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Firstly, I assume the talk of his wage increase is just guessing. If any figures are mentioned this means he has been tapped up and Norwich should then be reported for doing so.

Secondly, this is likely an attempt by Bennett's agent to get his player a better contract from us in light of outside interest or for the move to take place. The fact that Bennett has taken some time to put in the request does to me sound like he is somewhat unsure himself.

Thirdly, many a player has put in a request and has been told no, that's the clubs position and so that's the end of the matter.

BTW Peter O'Sullivan put in a transfer request a month after joining Brighton from Man Utd and this remained for the entire time he played for us, 10 years!!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Loyalty and gratitude are lovely features to dream those in sport wear proudly, but they are unlikely to all that much exist in people whose determination and ambition make them so wanted in the first place. I hope we don't sell him and a little thanks to the position he is in makes him wish to see the season out, but an unhappy player can infect the camp. If he accepts a refusal to depart with a little smile on his face and an no feeling of heartbreak, then on we go. But if his spirits are dampened,then his place in the team would have to be questioned.
Don't accept and don't look to sell our souls to keep what we already have.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It would appear that it is very much his agent that has caused this problem for us. Is it Peter Smith? It was good to hear on Radio Sussex TB saying that he expects him to still be with us at the end of the transfer window, this suggest that they will either try to coax him into staying, turn down his request flat or price him out of the move. Whichever it is the end product is we have him until at least the summer to help get us promoted and then it can all start again.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Sorry if this is already written on this thread but if we get promoted his salary [along with everybody else's] is sure to be re-negotiated upwards anyway, is it not? And ticket revenues are going to treble so it shouldn't bankrupt us.

Or am I just being a naive oaf?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It would appear that it is very much his agent that has caused this problem for us. Is it Peter Smith? It was good to hear on Radio Sussex TB saying that he expects him to still be with us at the end of the transfer window, this suggest that they will either try to coax him into staying, turn down his request flat or price him out of the move. Whichever it is the end product is we have him until at least the summer to help get us promoted and then it can all start again.

Bobby Bowry was mentioned, but he does not appear on the list of FA licensed agents.

TheFA.com - FA Agents List

Watford4ever

Jan 9, 2011
Rather sums up modern football really in a way when clubs like yourselves on the up going to a new ground etc even have players asking to leave at the first chance they hear a club is interested.

Not as if its a Premiership club either..ok Norwich are going well but if they went up would this guy get games?

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If he fails to show enthusiasm to play dump him in the stiffs and make him work off his contract.... end of

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
If he fails to show enthusiasm to play dump him in the stiffs and make him work off his contract.... end of

absolutely...he's a great player, who has signed contract to play for Brighton in return for lots of cash. He should show some respect. Transfer requests are a load of bollocks! Once you are in a contract, you should only move on if your club wants to sell you, and you agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here