Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the age of consent be lowered?

Is it about time for the gouvernment to think about reducing the age of consent to bring us into line with other European countries.Spain 13 years old and you can get marred at 14.Denmark 15,Estonia 14,France15,Hungary 14,Iceland 15,Italy 14,Lithuania 14,Serbia 14.In certain countries sex between men is illegal where as sex between women is legal (sound fair to me).The age of consent in The USA varies from state to state,but I understand that sex between man and beast is compulsory in certain Southern states.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Your views on this will probably change as soon as you have a 13 year old daughter ...

I think you're are right there. I mean i'm 25, so in spain i could legally sleep with a 13 yo! That's a horrible thought.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
No it shouldn't. But what difference does it make, kids don't take any notice, they'll do what they want if they want to do it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I believe in some US states the punishment for sleeping with someone underage (typically 18) depends on the age gap. i.e. for a 19 year old to sleep with a 17 year old it is a misdemeanor, but if a 25 year old sleeps with a 17 year old it's a felony.

Perhaps something like that could work, i.e. perhaps make it so that it's illegal for someone over 18 to sleep with someone under 16, under 18 illegal to sleep with someone under 15, under 16 illegal to sleep with someone under 14 or something similar.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Is it really half term already?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here