Should TB sack GP

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I refer the honourable person to the answer previously given:-

So you think the club should sack Potter and you trust them to come up with the right replacement?

Are you basing that trust on their track record?

I love a bit of whimsy, me, but......:shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So presumably given the club are all knowing - that’s their job you’re arguing - in finding managers and strikers all over Europe etc then if they think sticking with Potter and the current recruitment approach given what they know about the squad, ££ , then that’s right and you’d trust them too - yeah ?

I see you beat me to it. :lolol:

I am confident that Stat is soon about to unveil his foolproof plans for a perpetual motion machine, as an encore.

I'm on tenterhooks . . . . .

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So you think the club should sack Potter and you trust them to come up with the right replacement?

I’d argue we have a pretty decent track record of managerial appointments in recent times, bar one Finnish fly in the ointment.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Clearly not.

Potter has done ok so far but this is the biggest pickle the club have found themselves in for a while. Difficult to know where the blame lies but Occam’s Razor would point to be it being a combination of everything. Poor transfer decisions, made worse by injuries; tedious, ineffective football; an inability to score goals; lousy game atmosphere etc.

To me, this is the fault of the club, the manager and the players. They all need the opportunity to put it right but as is always the case, it will be the manager who carries the can first.

Burnley have stuck with Dyche - I would hope we do the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’d argue we have a pretty decent track record of managerial appointments in recent times, bar one Finnish fly in the ointment.

You do realise I was asking someone who has done nothing but take the piss out of Potter for months who he thinks we should appoint and he's basically saying he trusts the club to decide (the same club who . . . appointed Potter).

I agree that our managerial appointments have been good (apart from the Finn).

Perhaps I should give up attempting to be calm and logical (and occasionally succeeding) and simply just blurt out the first nonsense that pops into my head ??? :wink: :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Clearly not.

Potter has done ok so far but this is the biggest pickle the club have found themselves in for a while. Difficult to know where the blame lies but Occam’s Razor would point to be it being a combination of everything. Poor transfer decisions, made worse by injuries; tedious, ineffective football; an inability to score goals; lousy game atmosphere etc.

To me, this is the fault of the club, the manager and the players. They all need the opportunity to put it right but as is always the case, it will be the manager who carries the can first.

Burnley have stuck with Dyche - I would hope we do the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's the most violent and indescriminate use of Occam's razor in the history social, political and cultural analysis.

I salute you :bowdown:

:lolol: :thumbsup:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Stat has already said he doesn’t think Potter should be sacked…In fact virtually nobody has. I have rarely seen NSC so united on any issue as this one of keeping Potter at the club. I don’t think the thread is an intentional whoosh from Icy but that’s how it’s turning out…

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Stat has already said he doesn’t think Potter should be sacked…In fact virtually nobody has. I have rarely seen NSC so united on any issue as this one of keeping Potter at the club.

Might be nice to stop mocking the club's foolishness and recruitment ineptitude, and starting negative threads, then. Apologies to Stat if I am mistaking him for someone else, or his humour for something else, or his exasperation for something else.

Anyway, it's all about opinions, isn't it? ???

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Stat has already said he doesn’t think Potter should be sacked…In fact virtually nobody has. I have rarely seen NSC so united on any issue as this one of keeping Potter at the club. I don’t think the thread is an intentional whoosh from Icy but that’s how it’s turning out…

What was NSC like when they made the decision to get rid of Gully’s Girls?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Find a post in which I say the club should sack Potter and I'll show you a doctored post - because it doesn't exist.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Find a post in which I say the club should sack Potter and I'll show you a doctored post - because it doesn't exist.

Well, you have certainly fooled me with you positivity disguised as black comedy. Hat's off to you :bowdown:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
There is no logic to sacking Potter without knowing what his teams could do with better forwards.

Personally I've got to a point where I don't go to the Amex with any expectation of seeing us win, or even score. I just hope that we don't lose, which probably means a 0-0.

As I've said so many times before that even I'm bored with it, we are too laboured in our build-up and teams are happy to let us keep playing the ball back, sideways and out to the wings, knowing that crosses will be delayed until every defender is back and in position. Then, when we're fiddling around near the corner of their penalty area, they hit us on the break.

But I don't think Potter has been given the players to do anything different. And until he is, it's unfair to judge him.

Personally, I'd defend for all we're worth to try to get at least a point in every game, play Welbeck up front instead of Maupay and hit the ball over the top for him to run onto. So just be glad that GP is in charge and not me.

Potter has been here for 5 transfer windows now, and we've signed ~20 first-team players and a number of U23's.

So either the recruitment team are ignoring his input for players, or he has been given the players he wants.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well, you have certainly fooled me with you positivity disguised as black comedy. Hat's off to you :bowdown:

Stat Bro has simply pointed out, on numerous occasions, via the medium of black comedy, that our player recruitment and coaching are not particularly aligned, that this leads to not the most harmonious experience when attending the Amex and that a certain Swede does in everyone else's Swede.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

That's not what's happened.

The team has won 3 games in 23, 10 goals at home, no wins.
I have said 'well this isn't good, is it?'

That in turn has been interpreted as 'Stat (inset many other names) says he wants GPott and all his family to leave this solar system', by the minority who think everything is awesome.

They then go on to peddle that through multiple threads until the lie is thought to be the truth, because that's more palatable than the actual truth - 3 wins in 23. 10 goals at home and no wins.

Here's #48 from this very thread

Of course not - silly question.

The fact that the next man up will more than likely be the third clone in a row facing identical issues suggests TB needs to look inward before passing the buck.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stat Bro has simply pointed out, on numerous occasions, via the medium of black comedy, that our player recruitment and coaching are not particularly aligned, that this leads to not the most harmonious experience when attending the Amex and that a certain Swede does in everyone else's Swede.

I have nothing to do with that poster.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Black comedy is in the moment, and funny only once. It isn't the same as gallows humour, Captain Mainwaring. Constant repetition of it smells like an agenda, even if it is merely tedious :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's not what's happened.

The team has won 3 games in 23, 10 goals at home, no wins.
I have said 'well this isn't good, is it?'

That in turn has been interpreted as 'Stat (inset many other names) says he wants GPott and all his family to leave this solar system', by the minority who think everything is awesome.

They then go on to peddle that through multiple threads until the lie is thought to be the truth, because that's more palatable than the actual truth - 3 wins in 23. 10 goals at home and no wins.

Here's #48 from this very thread

So you're not happy with the state of things, then? Righty ho. I'll make a note of it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Black comedy is in the moment, and funny only once. It isn't the same as gallows humour, Captain Mainwaring. Constant repetition of it smells like an agenda, even if it is merely tedious :shrug:

That any comedy of any description at all is possible by anyone who's attended home games this season is, quite frankly, astounding.

Still, better that than banks of empty seats, everyone leaving on 75 minutes and the atmosphere of a moon landing.

Oh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here