Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should single faith schools be privately funded?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What are you talking about? Love is stimulated largely by hormones, and has evolutionary value (as our offspring require a long period of development and we as a species are relatively vulnerable). What's that got to do with the idea of a god?

You mean you don't believe in life after love?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
That's a whole new discussion. I think it's fair enough to allow people to have their beliefs and any moral codes that go along with that.

Ex catholic school girls are the dirtiest by the way!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Freedom of belief is indeed a very personal agenda and as you say, everyone is allowed. I am merely expressing my incredulity. Hitler had moral codes that were definitely wrong and should not have been allowed them!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It is true but only to a point.

A faith school when oversubscribed can have it's own selection process based on church attendance for example.

Its not true to any point.

Unless you are suggesting that church attendance is a measure of intelligence?

Again, speaking from direct experience - our local Catholic primary used to be the absolute epitome of the white, middle class, sub-urban religious school of your assumptions. After ten years of following their church attendance based admissions criteria, the annual intake is now 30% Polish, with a considerable number of non English-speakers.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What are you talking about? Love is stimulated largely by hormones, and has evolutionary value (as our offspring require a long period of development and we as a species are relatively vulnerable). What's that got to do with the idea of a god?

No, there's actually no such thing as love. It's a human made construct that has been given a name.

Show me love and I'll show you a God.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Its not true to any point.

Unless you are suggesting that church attendance is a measure of inteligence?

Again, speaking from direct experience - our local Catholic primary used to be the absolute epitome of the white, middle class, sub-urban religious school of your assumptions. After ten years of following their church attendance based admissions criteria, the annual intake is now 30% Polish, with a considerable number of non English-speakers.

So you agreeing then that they are following their church attendance based admissions criteria. That's all I've said. You can take up the argument of schools selecting on the basis of ability on the person that said that if you like.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
When Prince Charles becomes King, he intends to change it to 'Defender of Faith', as opposed to 'Defender of The Faith'.

So there.

But he is not King now.

And he will not be allowed to do this when he is king.

So there.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Ok, vicar. Someone should tell the Queen (defender of the faith) that.

I seem to remember Prince Charles, our future king, saying that he wanted to be seen as the head of all faiths in this country, or words along those lines. We are a nation of many faiths which i believe should be a good thing but problems arise when some looney crack pot and his/her thugs gets up and stirs up religious hatred using fear as a weapon if people of that faith don't fall in behind him/her. I for one would like to see single faith schools scrapped as I believe they are a barrier in the quest towards religious respect, harmony and understanding.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here