Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should single faith schools be privately funded?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
The state should have no role to play in teaching religion. Leave that to families to decide for themselves.

I'm an atheist and try to be as tolerant as I can of the religious views of others, but I get sorely tested when I see schools forced to have collective acts of worship and to give young children ideas about god, prayer, heaven, hell and all the rest of it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I've not seen any evidence that points to the majority of African aids sufferers are of that faith.(Catholic)

i know you always love to defend your beloved catholic religion no matter what but WTF

it is not relevant whether or not the majority of aids sufferers in Africa are catholic or not,what you should be asking is has the catholic church contributed through its policies to even ONE person contracting Aids.

ONE person is still too many simply because of outdated Dogma

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The state should have no role to play in teaching religion. Leave that to families to decide for themselves.

I'm an atheist and try to be as tolerant as I can of the religious views of others, but I get sorely tested when I see schools forced to have collective acts of worship and to give young children ideas about god, prayer, heaven, hell and all the rest of it.

This.
I wish i was as tolerant as you,i used to be a very very angry atheist,i have made a conscience decision to be more tolerant and try to not be so confrontational,i fail often.Sometimes however i just get ever so slightly angry especially over the brainwashing of children

Dandyman

In London village.

This in excelis.

Dandyman

In London village.
Yes, if you want to select pupils based upon religious beliefs than you should not qualify for state funding IMO.

Although while we are at it, lets remove charity status from Private Education.

This as well.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Religion has no place being taught in schools.

This - other than as a fact-based subject, or as part of history lessons (with an emphasis on the strife and suffering it has caused).

I am happy that my tax-£'s are spent on educating other people's offspring, but I am absolutely and fundamentally opposed to the idea that I my hard work is part-funding religious indoctrination of any persuasion.

Gafones

Jul 28, 2009
Brighton
Yes, if you want to select pupils based upon religious beliefs than you should not qualify for state funding IMO.

Although while we are at it, lets remove charity status from Private Education.

agreed.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here