Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Perry go to?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You should 'go to' an advanced journalism training course.

indeed

I was about to ask where exactly Perry should go to?
As to whether he should "go too"? Why? Quoting the old adage that "it is better to be lucky in business than to be skilled" we seem to be on a winner.

(member of pedants united)

:jester:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am sure he has has somewhere along the line on more than one occasion, probably at the fans forums every season. I dont think he should go, I totally agree with everything else youve said, but Perry has egg on his face I feel after assuring fans or more than one occasion, funding was in place. Tchnically it is, and has come interest free, so his job is done!

But to my knowledge Perry never actually said the funding was in place. A while back he gave a self-imposed deadline as to when he would announce the details of the funding package. Then as the date was pushed back, the new date came and went he started to deliver vague evasive answers. You may recall phrases like 'everything is on track' and 'money available when we need it'. One indicator that the funding had been secured would have been the steel order. Again this went from being a much trumpeted (by Perry) milestone to vague mumbles about it being the domain of Buckingham and the club were assured things were on track etc.

It became pretty obvious to me, and a few others, that the funding was a problem. I hate being fobbed off or fibbed to. I'm sure there were commercial reasons etc but it doesnt make it any sweeter.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyway. I'm not going to say any more on the issue other than I never liked Perry from the minute I first met him.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
go to where?

Sainsbury's? Dubai? Hollywood?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Amid all the DELIGHT and EUPHORIA there have been some issues highlighted with the Falmer project.

i.e. there was NO funding in place and we have been bailed out by Tony Bloom.

Is it time for Martin Perry to step down and take up a similar position to Dick (Life Vice President)?

Not sure we need both him and Ken Brown now do we?

:shutup::dunce::tosser:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyway. I'm not going to say any more on the issue other than I never liked Perry from the minute I first met him.

Really?

I first met Martin Perry when we interviewed him for Scars & Stripes in a pub in Hove. Blimey - that will have been a lot of years ago now. Anyway, it was immediately obvious that he wasn't a 'football man' in the way that I imagine most of us are. It was little things that gave that away - when talking about football itself - using phrases that just weren't natural for a football supporter to use.

Anyway, beyond that it became very clear that the Albion was getting into his blood and he had a real and genuine love for our football club and all of the peculiar nuances surrounding it. His single-minded determination to deliver us a stadium was also there for all to see.

I immediately warmed to Martin and had complete faith that he would deliver for us in the end. And it looks like he has, despite being long odds against.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really?

I first met Martin Perry when we interviewed him for Scars & Stripes in a pub in Hove. Blimey - that will have been a lot of years ago now. Anyway, it was immediately obvious that he wasn't a 'football man' in the way that I imagine most of us are. It was little things that gave that away - when talking about football itself - using phrases that just weren't natural for a football supporter to use.

Anyway, beyond that it became very clear that the Albion was getting into his blood and he had a real and genuine love for our football club and all of the peculiar nuances surrounding it. His single-minded determination to deliver us a stadium was also there for all to see.

I immediately warmed to Martin and had complete faith that he would deliver for us in the end. And it looks like he has, despite being long odds against.

Well, I find him smug, arrogant and his after-dinner speaking leaves a lot to be desired. I dont care about his Albion-ness.

Damn...didnt want to say anymore. Right, off to the beach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here