Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Perry go to?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I should have put part of his job is done. I dont agree with Richie in that Perry should go at all. I meant that Perry has assured fans funding is in place on more than one occasion. He didnt say how, but now it is, so that part of his job is done. The Bloom money cannot have been what he has been telling fans was the funding for the stadium. I dont think so any way.

I know as well as you, Perry still has loads of work to do. Maybe his role will change now Bloom has taken over. Who knows?

But also in fairness he is unlikely to say to fans "Sorry lads we are up sh*t creek and are deficient in the paddle department to the tune of one" is he. Ultimately the money has become available, that's all that matters.

I'm almost certain that funding plans were in place at earlier stages of the process otherwise we would not have got planning permission. It would also seem not unreasonable to believe that due to the current crisis the financial rug will have been pulled from under us at a late stage, hence Tony Bloom donning the shiny armour and riding to the rescue at the last minute.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Amid all the DELIGHT and EUPHORIA there have been some issues highlighted with the Falmer project.

i.e. there was NO funding in place and we have been bailed out by Tony Bloom.

Is it time for Martin Perry to step down and take up a similar position to Dick (Life Vice President)?

Not sure we need both him and Ken Brown now do we?

You really do live in a little twisted world of your own. You NEVER have anything positive to say so I would suggest the club would be much better off without you as a "supporter".

Why the hell should MP step down - he's getting the stadium built ? Unless of course YOU don't actually want it built - maybe you're an Archer apologist ? :tosser::tosser::tosser:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The club were trying to raise funds for goodness sakes. As someone who has been involved in doing this for companies in the last few years the last thing you would do is make it public knowledge that you are struggling. They never until yesterday said that funds were signed and sealed. They have said all along they are confident, or that funding won't be a problem, but that is very different from confirming it.

Perry is delivering the stadium, and is far more valuable to the Falmer team than anyone else, and certainly more than Knight. To suggest he should go now is the mutterings of someone with very little knowledge.

Personally the man I would like to see move on is Ken Brown, the bloke is a PR disaster and if we are really pushing this club now we need some decent PR to go with it.

I NEVER said once I think he should go, As I said before I agreed with everything else you said. I just feel that Perry and Knight I guess have both come across to the fans as saying everything is hunky dory like in regards to the funding of the stadium. Im just not sure that was the reality. They put all their eggs in one basket, and looked like there was no real plan B. The funding has come along, and with a better deal than anyone could imagine. A massive step which will in turn save the club a few million quid. Perry has said he is confident, as you put it to me, that the funding is in place, and now it is. So that makes me happy

I guess plan B came along in Bloom. I am sure Perry knows what he is doing, he talks a great game in his blogs on the website, and there is no reason to doubt he will fail to deliver after the hard work he has put in so far.

As for Ken Brown, I have the same feelings as you, not sure what he has done, but he seems to be highly reguarded at the club, so thats good enough for me.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Perry has built Huddersfields stadium, he is in a sense project leader and an experienced one at that, he knows what it takes to build a stadium. He is probably going to retire once its built and the funding is there, he never lied he just neglected to tell us where it was coming from.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I should have put part of his job is done. I dont agree with Richie in that Perry should go at all. I meant that Perry has assured fans funding is in place on more than one occasion. He didnt say how, but now it is, so that part of his job is done. The Bloom money cannot have been what he has been telling fans was the funding for the stadium. I dont think so any way.

I know as well as you, Perry still has loads of work to do. Maybe his role will change now Bloom has taken over. Who knows?

What if the funding that MP has been saying was is place and it was Blooms money all along ? Martin Perry would hardly have egg on his face then. All he's ever said that funding would be available when required - and so it has and is.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I NEVER said once I think he should go, As I said before I agreed with everything else you said. I just feel that Perry and Knight I guess have both come across to the fans as saying everything is hunky dory like in regards to the funding of the stadium. Im just not sure that was the reality. They put all their eggs in one basket, and looked like there was no real plan B..

How do you know that?

How do you know it wasn't a case of, say:

Plan A - £40m from RBoS @ 5.6%
Plan B - £35m from Lloyds @ 6.2%
Plan C - £30m from Barclays @ 6.1% and £12m from Citi @ 5.9%

...and they all got pulled?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
How do you know that?

How do you know it wasn't a case of, say:

Plan A - £40m from RBoS @ 5.6%
Plan B - £35m from Lloyds @ 6.2%
Plan C - £30m from Barclays @ 6.1% and £12m from Citi @ 5.9%

...and they all got pulled?

A year ago that would definitely have been the plan although the split of money was more

Bloom £20million
Bank £30million
Sponsorship/Grants £10million

All that has happened is the banks stopped lending, to everyone, and therefore there was a gap which luckily, very luckily Tony Bloom has filled. We could have been looking at a complete disaster and instead we are saved. I am gobsmacked there is so much negativity on this board over what is the best thing to ever happen to the club.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Perry has egg on his face. Anyone adamant he hasn't is simply falling into the NSC way of defending the club in much the way a mother would defend a son

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't really see why suddenly everyone's an expert on stadium funding/construction, to the extent where they feel qualified to judge the role of Martin Perry/Dick Knight/Tony Bloom in all this.

We were told funding would be in place- at no point was it specified who would be supplying it. The funding is now in place.

I can't see what the issue is, the fact that a few banks evidently decided that the financial climate rendered the risk of lending to us too great is neither here nor there, nor is it the club's fault. We have the money in place, presumably it was known all along that Tony Bloom was a possibility in terms of stepping up to the plate if the banks didn't cough up. Or do some of you think this agreement for Bloom to take over only started happening this week? Perry has essentially delivered what he promised, therefore it's not a problem.

Why on earth would anybody expect him to leave now?

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Amid all the DELIGHT and EUPHORIA there have been some issues highlighted with the Falmer project.

Is it time for Martin Perry to step down and take up a similar position to Dick (Life Vice President)?

You should 'go to' an advanced journalism training course.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

:tosser: or :jester: ? Can't decide which!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here