Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Should people be off on Fridays?"

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I did a four day week, 9 hours a day for the last four years of my last job. Worked well for me. Personally I think it should be an option for all jobs. I actually took Fridays off for a while and then changed to Mondays because it suited the place I was working. Wasn't too fussed which day it was my self. One guy took Wednesdays off and loved the way it broke the week up. Flexible working is definitely the way forward in my view.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Seems like an excellent idea to me.

I would definitely be up for working 40 hours over 4 days and having a 3 day weekend.

More time with family, more time for hobbies or relaxation, and your employer gets you fresher on the days you do work.

Work to live, not live to work. Thats my motto

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yep tho I would probably rather choose MONDAY as the day off. Mondays are SHIT.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
That would make Thursday POETT day. Doesn't work. ( Oh! That's Friday, nobody works.)

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Yep tho I would probably rather choose MONDAY as the day off. Mondays are SHIT.

I certainly for whatever reason, enjoyed the Mondays of more than the Fridays. I think it's because the Fridays were actually more relaxed at work because others were winding down.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
We had this discussion in the office earlier. I couldnt see it happening in our country would be more likely to go to 6 days a week and 1 off. However due to the amount of people that trouble with work related stress now adays think it would be a very good idea.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It would probably make me more productive, as I do tend to take a slightly more half-arsed approach to work on a Friday.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I wouldn't want to surrender Friday because it is really relaxed and generally very pleasant.

I would love to take the Wednesday off and do longer days the other 4. But beggars can't be choosers. :clap:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
But then Tuesday would become the new Monday? It'll confuse The Boomtown Rats when they play the Isle of Widgets. Mayhem will ensue.

That's what I thought would happen, but in truth, the realsation that it's only a four day week outweighed it.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I work in a factory. 13.30 finish on a Friday as standard. It's great.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Yes.

Although I've had two off already this year through illness. Watching the DVD box set of Life On Mars on the sofa today hasn't been bad though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it makes some sence as Fridays, particularly the afternoon, can be a bit of a write off with not alot done. i know when ive had weeks where ive taken the friday off i get everything done that i needed too, theres a bit more focus in the other 4 days. on the other hand, i now prefer to take of Mondays, as they are shit and i'd rather go in on Friday to swan around in the afternoon... :lolol:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
DogSupermanCostumeHalloween.jpg

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
I can see it affecting Crunchie sales (just had one with a cup of tea) so no, but Mondays are fair game ... I'll be off on Monday ! :)

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It takes me until about Tuesday now to recover getting over clubbing on a Saturday night, bombing a couple of grams of MDMA and not enough proper sleep so Mondays AND Fridays.

The economy would be f***ed though. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here