Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Micheal Owen go to the world cup?

Should Micheal Owen go to the world cup?

• Yes

Votes: 58 89.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 10.8%

• Total voters

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Should he considering he's barely kicked a ball in competitive football all season?

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
no no no, likewise Sol Campbell. theres more than enough talent and form players. Daren Bent would slot in his space and has had a great season in an ordinary team for example

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
So if you do not take Owen who do you play? Defoe has hardly set the Premiership alight, Bent there are question marks over, Crouch is not a poacher, Fowler is unlikely to go.

So in answer of course Owen goes, his goal every other game for England shows how much we need him. There are 3 Premiership games left and then 2 international friendlies, the first game is not until the 10th June so more than enough time.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely. He's been there and done it at the World Cup before, not taking a player of his experience would be an extremely churlish move. Also he's very quick to come back from injuries to full fitness and I reckon a few run outs between now and them and hard work in training will see him okay.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yes. Definitely. Prove goal scorer with a knack of scoring important goals. Should be fit by June.

Don't think Campbell should go though.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
As long as he can prove his fitness then yes. Sol should not go unless Deadley Ledley fails his fitness tests.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yes. Unlike players like Gerrard who have been playing since last July? in competitive matches he'll be mentally fresh. He's got plenty of time to get his fitness back now and hopefully games (although I wouldn't underestimate) the group stage games, such as Trinidad, will help get that match sharpness back. I think the mental thing is a big factor, he'll be fresh and up for it. Gerrard and co. must be knackered.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes. Absolutely.

Whilst he maybe shouldnt start, hes the type of player you want at least on the bench as if he gets a chance he willl usually bag it.

Also he does take penalties as well.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
zefarelly said:
no no no, likewise Sol Campbell. theres more than enough talent and form players. Daren Bent would slot in his space and has had a great season in an ordinary team for example

??? do you really believe that Darren Bent is in the same league as Michael Owen???:lolol:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Absolutely has to go. He will get at least one game for Newcastle and one for England so he will get a bit of game time.

TBH you can't not take Owen. He is our only proven international goalscorer. I would take 5 strikers though, in case he's not fit.

Owen
Rooney
Crouch
Bent
Vassell/Defoe

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Silent Bob said:
Absolutely has to go. He will get at least one game for Newcastle and one for England so he will get a bit of game time.

TBH you can't not take Owen. He is our only proven international goalscorer. I would take 5 strikers though, in case he's not fit.

Owen
Rooney
Crouch
Bent
Vassell/Defoe

Not Ashton ?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Sid James said:
Not Ashton ?
Nope. Although (I never thought I'd say this) possibly Harewood for the 5th spot. He has improved so much this season.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It's a shame Theo Walcott hasn't had a chance to play at Arsenal to be honest. He would add something different in much the way Peter Crouch does with his height. Walcott is just so so so quick he'll be dangerous at any level. Hopefully he'll get a look in at Arsenal next season and maybe get a chance in 2008 or 10.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
He reckons hes gonna be 100% fit, he'll be rested and raring to go theres NO WAY I'd even consider not taking/playing him along side Rooney !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here