Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should IVF be offered for free on the NHS?

Should IVF be offered for free on the NHS?

• Yes, yes it should.

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • No, no it shouldn't.

Votes: 22 66.7%

• Total voters

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I voted for yes. Seeing as I had a vasectomy on the nhs it would be a bit hypocritical of me to want to deny people the chance to have kids on the nhs as well.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Surely the whole concept of evolution is that it's survival of the fttest. Those who are seedless or eggless are clearly unable to breed because they are of inherently poor stock or have some sort of genetic failing. They should therefore not be allowed to have second rate children funded by my taxes.

You complete imbecile :tosser:

NOT all people who are told they can't have children is down to "inherently poor stock or have some sort of genetic failing" I was told i couldn't have children after my accident. Luckily i have had children since

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
another debate is whether being a jaffa makes you less of a man. Maybe you could contribute to that one, as you seem unable to add anything to this one?

another debate, is whether or not you are a complete fucktard......oh, hang on....no debate there.....

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
another debate is whether being a jaffa makes you less of a man. Maybe you could contribute to that one, as you seem unable to add anything to this one?
i happen to have two kids mate so your less than subtle attempt to wind me up wont work , its just that i know someone who went through countless ivf cycles , funded by themselves , which were ultimately unsuccessful and i know the heartache they went through, so i regard you and your post with utter contempt.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
and therein lies the problem with decision making on this sort of issue. Any attempt to lok at thing logically cannot happen due to the emotive nature of the subject. Many people aren't able to step back and let their head rule their hearts. I'm not suggested people shouldn't have IVF, just that it shouldn't be funded by the NHS.

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
and therein lies the problem with decision making on this sort of issue. Any attempt to lok at thing logically cannot happen due to the emotive nature of the subject. Many people aren't able to step back and let their head rule their hearts.
nothing to do with looking at things logically , your post earlier on was either a poor attempt at humour or an even poorer excercise in trying to provoke debate, either way your still a complete and utter knob.

.....................I personally think that boob jobs on the NHS are an absolute farce. Whilst I can understand if there is an inherent health risk or they need to be rebuilt after surgery etc. I do not think that the state should pay for someone to have breast surgery, simply because the want bigger boobs............................

Cosmetic Surgery - Service Description(Source: NHS Direct)

Cosmetic surgery is only performed through the NHS if there are overriding psychological or physical reasons for doing it. This is decided by the consultant, who will often ask for the person to undergo psychiatric counselling before agreeing to the operation.

If you are considering cosmetic surgery you should first visit your GP, who will discuss your options with you and advise you about having the possibility of having the procedure through the NHS. If this is appropriate, your GP will then refer you to a cosmetic surgeon.

However, most people pay to have cosmetic surgery privately, as NHS resources are extremely limited and waiting times are very long.............................................

The most common cosmetic surgeries provided by the NHS are:

breast implants (due to severe underdevelopment or asymmetry),
breast reduction (due to back or shoulder pain),
nose reshaping (due to breathing problems),
abdominal surgery (tummy tucks due to excess fat or skin after pregnancy or essential abdominal surgery),
eyelid reduction (due to affected vision).

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
nothing to do with looking at things logically , your post earlier on was either a poor attempt at humour or an even poorer excercise in trying to provoke debate, either way your still a complete and utter knob.

My earlier post was, and remains, my opinion on this issue. I await your analysis of my view and explaining to me why it is wrong, rather than resorting to infantile name calling. Surely people born infertile are born infertile for a reason? Or do you reject nature/biology/evolution/genetic theory?

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
My earlier post was, and remains, my opinion on this issue. I await your analysis of my view and explaining to me why it is wrong, rather than resorting to infantile name calling. Surely people born infertile are born infertile for a reason? Or do you reject nature/biology/evolution/genetic theory?

did you work with Glen Hoddle?

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells

just a quick point.......most infertile people are NOT born infertile you utter FUCKWIT.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
just a quick point.......most infertile people are NOT born infertile you utter FUCKWIT.
thats fine, different to the stats I know of, but please link me to yours. But, as my post states "those who are born infertile" I think we can safely say that they are the group I'm referring to. Let me know if you need any further clarification :thumbsup:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
you have no right to be treated for a broken leg from football....just a desire to be treated.

Enabling the natural healing process of a broken bone really isn't the same as artificially conceiving a new life.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Just read your first post and Bushy is 100% right.What a load of utter garbage.How the hell can you even believe or write that? It's no different from you saying that someone born with some problem should be denied the right to treament for health or survival just because the parent/parents didn't full into your category of the fittest,finest etc etc.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
thats fine, different to the stats I know of, but please link me to yours. But, as my post states "those who are born infertile" I think we can safely say that they are the group I'm referring to. Let me know if you need any further clarification :thumbsup:

so, lets clarify.....you are telling me that the majority of infertile people are BORN infertile?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here