Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should high profile games be played behind closed doors?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
After the sickening violence seen last night, is it time that police intellegence on games which have the potential for large scale violence like last night are played behind closed doors?

???

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
No.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yeah right, Most of the VIOLENCE WAS OUTSIDE LAST NIGHT. All the big rucks happen outside and away from the ground in general........... look at the trouble in Town when Brighton ambushed leeds Utd.

Stupid idea sorry

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
no. the police intelligence should arrange to avoid the trouble.

What next, certain teams cant play each other, give a default 1-0 home win if they are drawn to play?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Go to the theartre if you don't like it.

Wonder if any other football forum has the amount of nancys bleating like ours is.

Get some back bone people

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
No, one of the worst ideas i have ever heard!! What if palace away had been behind closed doors, would you have enjoyed that more?

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
After the sickening violence seen last night, is it time that police intellegence on games which have the potential for large scale violence like last night are played behind closed doors?

???

dude u need to get out more and stop crying about what happened last night - its f***ing football - thats what happens.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yes.

I'm genuinely shocked at the responses to this thread; particularly 'its part of football'. NO IT ISN'T. It was part of football in the 70s and 80s. Are you happy to bring back rampant racism as well?

I think you need to look around you, neither went away and never will. Not that i agree with either.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Without wanting to divert the blame from the knuckle-draggers last night, i think the relevent authorities need to have a damn good look at themselves with this one.

They (police, FA, both clubs) should've known what was going to happen....because everyone else did and instead of playing the game at midday on a tuesday, playing behing closed doors or banning away supporters, what do they do ? they give Millwall another 1,000 tickets !!!

f***ing priceless :shootself

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
No, don't be so ridiculous.

Jevs - the amount of Millwall fans didn't make any difference to what happened in the ground (from what I've seen), as the West Sham boys were fighting the stewards and police rather than Millwall fans.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm genuinely shocked at the responses to this thread; particularly 'its part of football'.

who said that? anyway, playing behind closed doors isnt the answer if groups of "fans" still go to the area surrounding the ground to have a fight.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
At the very least I think there should be severe restrictions put in place on these games, limiting capacity so that these games take place at 11am on a Sunday and away fans are banned.

We can't have these people ruining our beautiful game, there is no place for this in football.

Jan 30, 2008

???
stay down in Dorset with your head up your arse, stay away from such games if you're that worried :angry:

Jan 30, 2008
At the very least I think there should be severe restrictions put in place on these games, limiting capacity so that these games take place at 11am on a Sunday and away fans are banned.

We can't have these people ruining our beautiful game, there is no place for this in football.
says the bobble hat and flask brigade :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here