Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Gus be sacked

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
They have just showed the interview on BBC South East News and cannot understand what all the fuss is about. He basically said where he comes from and also Saurez comes from it is an accepted term.

This. Christ people are so bloody precious on here. This uber uber lefty society we live in has pretty much meant the end of free speech. All the little scrotes in their 'ooh you can't say that. Someone, somewhere MIGHT get offended' brigade come creeping out of the woodwork and up on their high horses trying to shout down anyone with a thought of their own. Pathetic people.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What did gus actually say?

Where he comes from in S America if you are fat you are called fat boy if you are bald you are called baldy if you are black you are called negro and it is totally acceptable. He then went on to say that he had played 7 years in Spain and in England with no problem and if Patrice Evra gets upset and acts like a cry baby perhaps he should go home.

Last edited:

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Where he comes from in S America if you are fat you are called fat boy if you are bald you are called baldy if you are black you are called negro and it is totally acceptable. He then went on to say that he had played 7 rears in Spain and in England with no problem and if Patrice Evra gets upset and acts like a cry baby perhaps he should go home.

Hmm, can't really say that is today's world though. Hope it's forgotten like his speech about Suarez doing the right thing by hand balling against Ghana. Gus Loves Suarez.

D

Deleted member 18477

I'm sick of hearing about racism ATM. Yes you can warn players, fine players, ban players, sack players but racism will still occur on the sly! It may reduce but it will never be gone completely. Very naive for anyone to think they could kick racism out of a whole sport. But yes at least they are trying I'll certainly give them that!

JT racist? As much as I hate him.. He's innocent till proven guilty. Is there any real evidence of him calling Anton what he apparently did? Nope because someone walked infront of the camera at the moment he may of said 'oi anton'.

Suarez racist? Who knows. Is there any real evidence? Video footage etc? I ain't seen any. He's also innocent till proven guilty!

Blatter racist? He's a tool. I have no idea what he meant from his comments. He needs to go anyway! Total anti English twat!

Gus a racist? LOL. He's sticking up for a pal. Don't think his views came out the way he meant them too. Especially to an English audience. But is he racist? NO!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think it was very childish for him to get involved in something that is clearly nothing to with him which has drawn unwanted attention to the club for the wrong reasons.

Suggest TB just has a word

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
given he's the guys mentor he obviously does have an interest

Maybe but ultimately he should represent his employer in a way he would want and all this has done has bought unrequired attention on BHAFC

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Yes he deserves the sack, in the same way Big Ron got the sack from ITV, for his racist comments.

Are you really an Oxford supporter, or just a Palace goon pretending? Because your absolute hatred of all things albion is really hard to believe.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Well done Goring. The SECOND idiotic thread today asking this utterly bone-headed question.

ENGAGE BRAIN BEFORE APPROACHING KEYBOARD

or f*** right off.

spot on

He would have a good claim for unfair dismissal. To me the erosion of the principle of free speech is more worrying. Probably controlled by a generation that doesn't understand it's value.

spot on again

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I just KNEW something like this would come up on here

don't be so bloody silly.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm sick of hearing about racism ATM. Yes you can warn players, fine players, ban players, sack players but racism will still occur on the sly! It may reduce but it will never be gone completely. Very naive for anyone to think they could kick racism out of a whole sport. But yes at least they are trying I'll certainly give them that!

JT racist? As much as I hate him.. He's innocent till proven guilty. Is there any real evidence of him calling Anton what he apparently did? Nope because someone walked infront of the camera at the moment he may of said 'oi anton'.

Suarez racist? Who knows. Is there any real evidence? Video footage etc? I ain't seen any. He's also innocent till proven guilty!

Blatter racist? He's a tool. I have no idea what he meant from his comments. He needs to go anyway! Total anti English twat!

Gus a racist? LOL. He's sticking up for a pal. Don't think his views came out the way he meant them too. Especially to an English audience. But is he racist? NO!!!

Post of the YEAR.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here