Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Dick Knight apologise to the fans?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I agree that we have bought players and sold them on but we have been searching for a striker since Zamora left and last season Fallon or Parkin would have been just what we needed to keep us up. Just think of the financial gain from that. Why couldn't Mr Knight see it.

The club runs at a loss.

You can count on your fingers the number of clubs that don't.

When Falmer is built, it will still run at a loss, albeit a smaller one.

If the club had dodged relegation, it would still run at a loss, albeit a smaller one.

The club will always run at a loss, and anyone who invests in it as anything other than a hobby, out of anything other than the love of the game, and the club, is frankly delusional.

If you gave my cat four million quid in an off-the-books slush fund*, she'd have us at the top of the Championship in two years, with Dame Edna as manager -- or faster with McGhee.

(*It would have to be off the books, because the existing debt would just swallow that up, burp, and ask for more....)

And God almighty couldn't get this club into the Premiership if He had to run the show, as is presently the case, with the loose change collected from between the couch cushions...

One is not looking for investors -- not in the proper sense of the word -- one is looking for loonies, or fans, or both, with deep pockets.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I think those throwing the towel in will soon be back, a couple of wins and you'll all look as stupid as that Middlesborough 'fan' did last season.

YOU BUNCH OF DRAMA QUEENS!!! This is paradise compared to 1990's for pity's sake. A club is for life not just a cup run or promotion and your's is THE ALBION.

You're in denial if you think you can desert now, there's still a war to be won and if you go AWOL whilst the board are doing their upmost to secure us a future......well that makes you a yellow-bellied coward in my eyes. So pick your toys up and get back in line like the men you should be.

Stop whinging and bleating like goats FFS.

Mark McGuee's Blue and White Army!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
portlock seagull said:
I think those throwing the towel in will soon be back, a couple of wins and you'll all look as stupid as that Middlesborough 'fan' did last season.

YOU BUNCH OF DRAMA QUEENS!!! This is paradise compared to 1990's for pity's sake. A club is for life not just a cup run or promotion and your's is THE ALBION.

You're in denial if you think you can desert now, there's still a war to be won and if you go AWOL whilst the board are doing their upmost to secure us a future......well that makes you a yellow-bellied coward in my eyes. So pick your toys up and get back in line like the men you should be.

Stop whinging and bleating like goats FFS.

Mark McGuee's Blue and White Army!

You tell them Portlock:bowdown: :bowdown: Hope the rant has calmed the nerves:thumbsup:

The Wookiee said:
Another deadline day passes by without a new signing, we have stood by Dick Knight and in the whole trusted him to take us to where this club belongs.

It is not our fault yet we are still being punished for the mess we are still in.

Players dont want to join us and current players dont want to play for us.

Is it time our Chairman publically stood up and apologised to all the fans for the shit we have to put up with?

Come on Dick Knight sort it out now we deserve better !!

I don't know about apologising - that's too strong, our attempts to spend what little money we had were genuine.

But the board need to start communicating more with the fans. For the last year, they've hid behind McGhee and done very little while he's taken the main flak. That's not the conduct of brave leaders.

What we need is a very clear statement from Knight and/or other board members like Chapman who are tipped for bigger board roles in the future about just what are our realistic objectives this year, and just what are our realistic ability to strengthen the squad.

I think they have given answers to these questions* - but they just haven't communicated them well enough. We need a few blunt, straightforward articles in the programme, we need either to use the Argus or the SCR/phone-in to get the message out better.

*the answers as I understand them are:
a) our realistic objective is mid-table plus developing the younger players b) we have some money to strengthen the squad but we have less financial flexibility than we had under Micky Adams so disappointments in the transfer market may happen regardless of our best intentions.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
portlock seagull said:

YOU BUNCH OF DRAMA QUEENS!!!

Just about sums it up :clap:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
RexCathedra said:
The club runs at a loss.

You can count on your fingers the number of clubs that don't.

When Falmer is built, it will still run at a loss, albeit a smaller one.

If the club had dodged relegation, it would still run at a loss, albeit a smaller one.

The club will always run at a loss, and anyone who invests in it as anything other than a hobby, out of anything other than the love of the game, and the club, is frankly delusional.

If you gave my cat four million quid in an off-the-books slush fund*, she'd have us at the top of the Championship in two years, with Dame Edna as manager -- or faster with McGhee.

(*It would have to be off the books, because the existing debt would just swallow that up, burp, and ask for more....)

And God almighty couldn't get this club into the Premiership if He had to run the show, as is presently the case, with the loose change collected from between the couch cushions...

One is not looking for investors -- not in the proper sense of the word -- one is looking for loonies, or fans, or both, with deep pockets.

you have been listening to Garry Lineker haven't you.

Exactly what he said when putting dosh into leicester

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Perhaps the fans should apologise to Dick. ???

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Dies Irae said:

You'd think we could at least sell out Withdean on the back of three good results at the start of the season. Also the noise from the fans is piss poor even when we are winning.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The Wookiee said:
Another deadline day passes by without a new signing, we have stood by Dick Knight and in the whole trusted him to take us to where this club belongs.
Another deadline coming up...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
:nono: You're getting depressing Trigg.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The Wookiee said:
Another deadline day passes by without a new signing, we have stood by Dick Tight and in the whole trusted him to take us to where this club belongs.

It is not our fault yet we are still being punished for the mess we are still in.

Players dont want to join us and current players dont want to play for us.

Is it time our Chairman publically stood up and apologised to all the fans for the shit we have to put up with?

Come on Dick Tight sort it out now we deserve better !!
:bounce: :bounce: 6 months later and the same old story

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here