Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

shoreham air show!

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
From the Vulcan to the Sky site:

S P AVIATION COVERS THE SHORTFALL AT SHOREHAM

Sandra and Bob Pharo of S P Aviation, who run the Delta Lady stand at Airshows and the online Shop, have kindly offered to finance the shortfall in funding to ensure that subject to serviceability XH558 will make an appearance at the Shoreham Airshow. Day and time to be confirmed

but note the "subject to serviceability" after it had more problems last week.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
From the Vulcan to the Sky site:

S P AVIATION COVERS THE SHORTFALL AT SHOREHAM

Sandra and Bob Pharo of S P Aviation, who run the Delta Lady stand at Airshows and the online Shop, have kindly offered to finance the shortfall in funding to ensure that subject to serviceability XH558 will make an appearance at the Shoreham Airshow. Day and time to be confirmed

but note the "subject to serviceability" after it had more problems last week.

Please let it be the Sunday PLEASE *on knees praying *

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I shall mostly be drinking at the Amsterdam or the Red Lion all afternoon on Sunday (depending on where I can get a bench). I've bought a new pair of binoculars ESPECIALLY.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Not sure I can be there but thought I would post one picture (not mine I hasten to add) from Waddington.

xh558-waddo-080705-03.jpg

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm a couple of miles from Biggin Hill, now they now how to have an air show ! Trouble is I get a bit blase as I am used to Lancasters and Flying Fortresses flying overhead not to mention Spitfires. We had a Mosquito recently too. The jets terrify the dogs though :(

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
the Vulcan is not flying this weekend :(

Media Information For Immediate Use
29th August 2008

Statement from the Vulcan to the Sky Trust

With great regret, the Vulcan to the Sky Trust (VTST) has to announce that the long-awaited appearance of Vulcan XH558 at the Bournemouth and Shoreham Airshows over the weekend of 30th and 31st August will not now be possible.

VTST were very much looking forward to bringing Vulcan XH558 to the South Coast, and remain fully aware of the huge public interest that has been created by the much anticipated return of the aircraft to these displays.

After her last flight on Friday 22nd August, it was discovered that XH558 had suffered a failure of the retraction mechanism for one of her landing gear doors, grounding the aircraft. Whilst the repair was relatively simple, unfortunately due to circumstances beyond VTST’s control, the technicians from Marshall Aerospace, XH558’s Engineering Authority, who are required to inspect and certify the repair, are not available until Monday.

Robert Pleming, Chief Executive of the Vulcan to the Sky Trust said “Our policy that safety is paramount dictates that we must do everything by the book. We must adhere absolutely to the processes and procedures which ensure that XH558 will be safe when she flies. Both the Trust and Marshall Aerospace are extremely sad that despite every effort, the Vulcan is unable to appear at Bournemouth and Shoreham. This is a huge disappointment for us, but more so for all of those who were looking forward to seeing XH558 this weekend.”

Vulcan to the Sky Trust - Avro Vulcan Bomber XH558 - Vulcan Operating Company

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here