Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoe thrower beaten to a pulp

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Right so in your mind it only works one way does it? This shoe thrower deserves to be judged before trial but Bush doesn't even though he admitted lying? Unbelievable.

Well?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Er no, I said it would be justice if he and Blair DID face trial. But civilians throwing things at the leader of the "free world" in these dangerous times is stupid, simple as that, and the fact he was taken away and beaten up was inevitable, and predictable, given what he'd done.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Er no, I said it would be justice if he and Blair DID face trial. But civilians throwing things at the leader of the "free world" in these dangerous times is stupid, simple as that, and the fact he was taken away and beaten up was inevitable, and predictable, given what he'd done.

You don't even understand what your talking about.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Er, Nibble, I think a trial in this case is fairly academic. I don't think anyone is doubting that this man threw a shoe at George W. We've all seen the camera footage.

Oh Right, sorry go ahead then beat the shit out of him. don't worry about ignoring the fundamental building blocks of the legal system that protects you, me, Bush, and all our families.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
after all Saddam got hung for that

And I didn't read anything on there about Saddam throwing his shoes at anyone.. which is, as I've read on page one, the biggest insult in Islam..

Therefore shouldn't the shoe throwing guy be stoned to death or something?

Any lawyers here? :dunce:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
And I didn't read anything on there about Saddam throwing his shoes at anyone.. which is, as I've read on page one, the biggest insult in Islam..

Therefore shouldn't the shoe throwing guy be stoned to death or something?

Any lawyers here? :dunce:

Depends what law he is being tried under, none apparantly.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Oh Right, sorry go ahead then beat the shit out of him. don't worry about ignoring the fundamental building blocks of the legal system that protects you, me, Bush, and all our families.

He should've been told as a child not to throw things at world leaders. End of. If you're that stupid then you are likely to expect a kicking.

If you go up to a bouncer and tell him you're shagging his bird and she is SHIT and so's his Mum then you'd expect a kicking. It's outside the law, sure, but probably deserved.

So when it's not a bouncer but one of the most prominent and heavily protected men in the world.. :shrug: and you're giving him the biggest possible insult in your culture :shrug:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
He should've been told as a child not to throw things at world leaders. End of. If you're that stupid then you are likely to expect a kicking.

If you go up to a bouncer and tell him you're shagging his bird and she is SHIT and so's his Mum then you'd expect a kicking. It's outside the law, sure, but probably deserved.

So when it's not a bouncer but one of the most prominent and heavily protected men in the world.. :shrug: and you're giving him the biggest possible insult in your culture :shrug:

It's nice that you have such a thorough understanding of other nations and that you can feel such empathy with their peoples but perhaps a bit more research on your part and a little more lateral thinking and you may understand why someone would do this.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
"The brother of the Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at US President George W Bush has said that the reporter has been beaten in custody."

I think heel be alright.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
in Iraq, throwing shoes at someone is about the worst insult you can use against a person.

WOW...!

Your knowledge of arab culture is incredible..............I doubt ANYBODY outside of Iraq knows that.

Well done............what a fountain of knowledge you are...!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It's nice that you have such a thorough understanding of other nations and that you can feel such empathy with their peoples but perhaps a bit more research on your part and a little more lateral thinking and you may understand why someone would do this.

Er yes, you're right, I should spend many years studying Islam and possibly write a thesis on the "Impact of the Iraq War" detailing its profound social and economic effect on Muslim culture. After that perhaps I could move to Basra and sample the local cuisine - and try the chargrilled goat which I hear is to die for.

Maybe I'll watch some Jonathan Creek to get my "lateral brain" working.
Or, I could go on Wikipedia and regurgitate a seamless trail of vomit all down a thread like you've done.

All so I can come out with something that they have repeated about fourteen times on BBC News in the past hour.

Please stop replying to this thread.. :nono:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would imagine also if you were to go to a club on Saturday night and throw your shoes at the DJ you would expect to get a beating from the bouncers during and after being thrown out the club

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Of course, while we have camera footage of the actual shoe throwing we have no visual proof on the following beating. Not that I'm saying that the 'victim's' relatives might be exaggerating.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Er yes, you're right, I should spend many years studying Islam and possibly write a thesis on the "Impact of the Iraq War" detailing its profound social and economic effect on Muslim culture. After that perhaps I could move to Basra and sample the local cuisine - and try the chargrilled goat which I hear is to die for.

Maybe I'll watch some Jonathan Creek to get my "lateral brain" working.
Or, I could go on Wikipedia and regurgitate a seamless trail of vomit all down a thread like you've done.

All so I can come out with something that they have repeated about fourteen times on BBC News in the past hour.

Please stop replying to this thread.. :nono:

In what post have I quoted anything from wikipedia? And I don't suggest you study this subject for years just perhaps open your mind a bit and stop being so small minded. Perhaps then you will have something more valuable to add to adult discussions rather than "Yeah, beat the Iraqi, he should have known what he was going to get" (to paraphrase).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here