Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shirt manufacturer and sponsorship

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Mine would be ADIDAS purely for the fact id possible buy some of the leisure wear.

The Erra leisure wear is pretty naff.

Shirt sponser I would be very suprised if it wasn't Amex but im sure Barber will be out to get the best deal.

Id like to see the kit go back to the 80s all blue with white pin stripe, just for something different.

this
this
this
this...maybe

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
I was in Sports Direct the other day and spotted an Errea logo.

Had a look and they were stocking Bari, Pescara, Parma shirts and they were all horrible quality.

Unlike us, they have their logos heat pressed on so they feel very cheap.

Well, they felt cheap anyway. Also on the rail were Puma, Adidas, Nike and they all felt better quality. The base materials used, the stiching, the cut of the shirt and the actual design - the aesthetics.

Just did a bit of digging and I'm not sure Barber has loads of experince with kit deals; seems Puma signed with Spurs around the same time he started there so not sure if he brokered that one. The FA had long standing commitments to Umbro only broken by Nike actually buying Umbro and Seattle have a deal with Adidas by default of being an MLS team.

If a brand offered a big enough contract to Albion for kit, perhaps we could buy Errea out? If it's an historical deal then perhaps it's not so big (Arsenal are rumoured to be buying out Nike so they can go with Adidas for loads more money).

Also, if Barber is looking at revenue stream, he might see that while we sold 20,000 shirts we might be able to make more with replica training wear from a well know brand, especially to the lgog-happy younger market.

As for sponsor, did someone say that Amex aren't kean on gambling being advertised within the stadium?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Uncle Sams - If I was CEO of Uncle Sams I'd be seriously considering it anyway

The woman from Uncle Sams at the Grenadier told me they've contacted Paul Barber directly about potentially supplying the burgers for next season. She said that they reckon they could cope with the demand and wouldn't want to charge £4. I think that would be AMAZING. Piglets Pantry pies and Uncle Sams burgers! Oh my...

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Some one told me

ETCH A SKETCH
Are gonna be the new shirt sponsors because were so good at drawing

Someone told me it was going to be Tampax - because we'd been going through a bad period.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Heineken are the brewery that BHA use for the beer, they supply the krone ,Heineken,amstel,strongbow, etc. so, wouldn't surprise me.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Puma or Warrior for Kit manufacture.
Don't care about sponsor as long as the money is good and it looks good on our shirt.

I am a fan of errea, but Warrior have supplied Liverpool with the nicest kits I have seen in years. Someone sat down and thought about the history of Liverpool FC before designing the home kit. The away kit is lovely and the third kit is bizarre, but somehow amazing - who on earth would have thought to combine purple, orange and a grey tribal 'tattoo' print.

Warrior have a lot to live up to when they produce their next lot of kits.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I am a fan of errea, but Warrior have supplied Liverpool with the nicest kits I have seen in years. Someone sat down and thought about the history of Liverpool FC before designing the home kit. The away kit is lovely and the third kit is bizarre, but somehow amazing - who on earth would have thought to combine purple, orange and a grey tribal 'tattoo' print.

Warrior have a lot to live up to when they produce their next lot of kits.

I love the quality and type of material used by warrior for the Liverpool kits, if errea could use similar that's about the only thing that needs an improvement IMHO as the current bunch of shirts get snags/pulls far too easily :)

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Lets keep the Spanish boys happy and go with a Joma kit.....

Joma-Soccer-Jersey-2012-VCF.jpg

San Miguel as sponsor!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I love the quality and type of material used by warrior for the Liverpool kits, if errea could use similar that's about the only thing that needs an improvement IMHO as the current bunch of shirts get snags/pulls far too easily :)

I've had a couple of the Liverpool Warrior shirts, that fabric is a bit strange, it feels like a very slightly fluffy cotton, a little bit like the current England Umbro shirts or even the Albion home shirt in 83/84. Not really sure how it would stand up to repeated wear with regards pulls and bobbles, or beer/ketchup/tear stains. That said, it is definately different to most of the shirt fabrics out there, and it seems as well made as any. I've read a few mixed reports as to its popularity with LFC fans, a lot aimed at the fact they are a Lacrosse kit manufacturer and as such don't know anything the football shirt market, so perhaps they do have a bit of work to do for the next one.

Personally, I'd like to see either an improved Errea shirt fabric, or a move to someone like Jako or Joma for some individuality, and a good quality product. Adidas/Nike/Umbro are OK if you are going for thier bespoke kits (Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barca etc), they are not perfect, but they are better than our current supplier. Their template kits are a mixed bag, often right at the lower level, but sometimes comparable fabric to the top teams (Techfit for Adidas players shirts), but they really are all just dull to look at. As for Puma, you think we've had a lot of complaints about Errea, I am 90% certain there would be a lot more complaints about Puma, their current stuff is shockingly bad.

There are a lot of other manufacturers out there, and some do really good quality stuff, but the label is what will work for us in the commercial world (Barber out), maybe we should be biting the bullet and doing a full bespoke kit with one of the big 3.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I've had a couple of the Liverpool Warrior shirts, that fabric is a bit strange, it feels like a very slightly fluffy cotton, a little bit like the current England Umbro shirts or even the Albion home shirt in 83/84. Not really sure how it would stand up to repeated wear with regards pulls and bobbles, or beer/ketchup/tear stains. That said, it is definately different to most of the shirt fabrics out there, and it seems as well made as any. I've read a few mixed reports as to its popularity with LFC fans, a lot aimed at the fact they are a Lacrosse kit manufacturer and as such don't know anything the football shirt market, so perhaps they do have a bit of work to do for the next one.

Personally, I'd like to see either an improved Errea shirt fabric, or a move to someone like Jako or Joma for some individuality, and a good quality product. Adidas/Nike/Umbro are OK if you are going for thier bespoke kits (Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barca etc), they are not perfect, but they are better than our current supplier. Their template kits are a mixed bag, often right at the lower level, but sometimes comparable fabric to the top teams (Techfit for Adidas players shirts), but they really are all just dull to look at. As for Puma, you think we've had a lot of complaints about Errea, I am 90% certain there would be a lot more complaints about Puma, their current stuff is shockingly bad.

There are a lot of other manufacturers out there, and some do really good quality stuff, but the label is what will work for us in the commercial world (Barber out), maybe we should be biting the bullet and doing a full bespoke kit with one of the big 3.

i've owned a few Joma tops and a pair of boots and they are great quality and their kit design is top notch. Not tried any Jako stuff but judging by their kit design a few look pretty budget....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here