Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shirt Contract

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sure, whatever the clubs profit margin is on them.

I might go for a Palookaville one instead at some point, but its a shame cos generally I like to ensure I have the home shirt. Prior to the current one, the last home shirt I didn't bother with was the big thick-striped one we wore at Gillingham.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Mr Popkins said:
as far as I can see ,this is the clubs fault with not getting the new kits in stock not Erra,s. BHA wont hand over enough cash up front for kits in advance so only get supplies in small amounts.

It's not just a case of paying up front for the kit, it's more of a case of paying for the last lot. It's the way of the world. If you don't pay the bills, you'll find it hard to get supplies.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Superphil said:
I fail to see what you people have against errea. The current shirt is a different colour, that's not their fault, the club chose it. As for the Skint logo coming off, well, no one is perfect, take it back to the shop and they'll replace it.

The designs we've had so far have all been pretty cool, and errea are no different from any other manufacturer, except their products are made in the EU, not in a sweatshop in the far east, like Nike etc. Loads of teams use their kit, up and down the leagues and accross Europe.

And regards to availability, there is a good reason why we have stuck with Skint on the shirt, because it tells another story about our plight recently, we are Skint. If Errea won't release more shirts till we've paid for the last batch you can't blame them, why should they trust The Albion to pay up when we have no money. (Please note, this is assuming that the comment made by Mr Popkins is correct)

Saved me writing that:clap:

Easy 10 said:
Have to be honest, this is my MAIN GRIPE with the shirt, and the bottom line is, its this which has stopped me buying one. The colours ok (ish), the designs alright, but that iron-on sticky label is, frankly, shite. If I'm paying £40 for a shirt, I don't expect to have to put up with a shoddy sticker on the front thats going to come off

So you've not bought actually bought a shirt where this has happened then?

I'm interested in how common an occurance this logo coming off thing is - I've washed mine quite a few times now and there doesn't seem any problem. Maybe I'm lucky, though, who knows.

But perhaps anyone reading this post who has the new shirt can actually say if their logo has come off yet or not.

NSC isn't that representative of much, but maybe a straw poll on here will give some clue whether this is an urban myth that has undeservedly gained a wider currency, or whether there really is a serious fault with the shirt along these lines.

Please post your experiences, ta.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
London Irish said:
So you've not bought actually bought a shirt where this has happened then?

I'm interested in how common an occurance this logo coming off thing is - I've washed mine quite a few times now and there doesn't seem any problem. Maybe I'm lucky, though, who knows.

But perhaps anyone reading this post who has the new shirt can actually say if their logo has come off yet or not.

NSC isn't that representative of much, but maybe a straw poll on here will give some clue whether this is an urban myth that has undeservedly gained a wider currency, or whether there really is a serious fault with the shirt along these lines.

Please post your experiences, ta.
Well, I'm going by my 9 year old son, and OK, he does practically LIVE in that shirt (bless im'), but the label was starting to peel off after only a couple of weeks. And a mate of mine also has an adult shirt and has the same problem - the top of it is starting to come away.

And yes, as Phil says, I'm sure we could take it back and at least have them re-stick it in some way. But...you just shouldn't really HAVE to, should you ? They're bloody expensive enough.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The shirt must be washed at 30 degs. Most cool wash programmes are at 40 degs so you have to check it. I have washed my shirt loads of times and the logo is still ok at the moment. (Obviously, don't tumble dry or iron it - hang it on a hanger to dry)

So that's 2 that have, 2 that haven't - 50% logo fall-off rate is not impressive, it has to be said, but early days yet in this great NSC "logo-fall-off/logo still there" test.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BensGrandad said:
Has anybody considered that the stick on Skint Logo on the latest shirts looks cheap and tatty!!

Of course. It was done that way so that the fans could have something to moan about.

;)

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
dougdeep said:
Can we have a red away strip next year please?

Nah, bring back the blue-black Inter Milan style thang. In fact, just change the white on the home kit to Black and it'd look DOPE! :)

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
BensGrandad said:
Has anybody considered that the stick on Skint Logo on the latest shirts looks cheap and tatty!!

No - cause it doesn't. The logo this year is great.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I'm with Easy on this one. I'm still wearing my centenary shirt and was looking forward to updating it! After one look at a) the white strip at the bottom b) lack of club badge c) stick on tacky logo.

Well I can wait another 2 years....

another £40 the club missed out on IMHO.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Variety is the spice of life.

Lots of people do like the new home shirt and some say that the Palookaville shirt is the best we've ever had and a GREAT marketing ploy by the club, I wouldn't have thought they'd be that worried about losing a few people who would normally buy the shirts after the new home AND away kits flew off the shelves.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The stick on logo is undoubtably cack, and hopefully they will go back to the original skint style shirt of the sponsor actually being in the patern of the kit.
I expect the new away kit to be a bright colour (red or yellow), as the Palookaville kit is dark and I'm fairly sure MM along with other managers has commented on the fact that it helps being able to spot a team mate easily against the background of the crowd.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Nah, bring back the blue-black Inter Milan style thang. In fact, just change the white on the home kit to Black and it'd look DOPE! :)

Still got that shirt ..it was the bollox...team only wore it a few times though.....almost as good as the chewits wrapper shirt of the early 1990s

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Easy 10 said:

I might go for a Palookaville one instead at some point, but its a shame cos generally I like to ensure I have the home shirt. Prior to the current one, the last home shirt I didn't bother with was the big thick-striped one we wore at Gillingham.

Same here.....the stripes should be dark blue and not too wide

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I too have refrained from buying the new home kit for purely personal reasons. I think it's generally a poorly finished article but especially the sponsors logo. Pub teams manage better looking stick-on labels. The kit is not a patch (no pun intended) on the first generation Errea kits for us with the built in logo and embroidered club badge.

That won't stop those who simply buy them regardless (as I used too in the Sports Express and Super League days) but I guess as I've gotten older I've gotten more picky. But then why not for 40 notes. I genuinely believe the club have taken a slight step back with their gradual cost cutting in this area and the product has visibly suffered. Not sure club design decisions (taking off club badge and paler blue) have maximised revenue streams either.

IMHO originally with Errea we had a better quality kit and a design that was instantly associated with the Albion when you saw it walking down the street. And it walked out of the shop on legs.

The fact we don't and it doesn't now is not down to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here