Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shirt Contract

Albion Down Under said:
Mine is still on but is only a month old.

Thanks for that, that's the logo fall-off pecentage down to 40 per cent, admittedly our sample base is not quite as big as Mr Mori and Mr Gallup would ideally like.

Come on, we're still searching for someone else who's had the same cruel luck as Easy Jnr and Easy's mate. Let's establish the extent of the problem. Post your experiences, good or bad.

This is not the first time that an Albion short has had a stick on badge and sponsors logo. The Spall ones in the late 80s did and the bade and the sponsors logo did disintegrate in the wash.

I'm getting used to the lighter blue (which after having seen us play in kits ranging from all white to all blue) is hardly the worst kit we'be ever played in............ although I did buy 4 centeanry shirts.

I suspect that the success of the centenary shirt (three years old and still the most worn shirt at home games I feel) has affected the sales of subsequent designs

And the gold away shirt is excellent. btw.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Storer68 said:
This is not the first time that an Albion short has had a stick on badge and sponsors logo. The Spall ones in the late 80s did and the bade and the sponsors logo did disintegrate in the wash.

I'm getting used to the lighter blue (which after having seen us play in kits ranging from all white to all blue) is hardly the worst kit we'be ever played in............ although I did buy 4 centeanry shirts.

I suspect that the success of the centenary shirt (three years old and still the most worn shirt at home games I feel) has affected the sales of subsequent designs

And the gold away shirt is excellent. btw.

I agree the home kit is nowhere near the worst. It's just that we set such a high standard with the first generation SKINT / Errea kit that the current one falls slightly short by comparison IMHO in terms of finish/design.

Both elements are down to the clubs cost cutting and design choices, not Errea. We've seen they can make good kit, and can support far more modern shirt designs, when paid good money in my opinion.

Cutting costs = cutting sales IMHO.

For the record, I've got a couple of old Spall and Bukta kits and they represent a different era of replica kit production technology, still bring back a lot of memories though.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
To my mind, the worst bit about the stick on skint logo is that it contradicts DK's comment from a couple of seasons ago.

I recall that he said the reason for the delay in the previous home kit was that the club wanted the sponsor to be done properly without a stick on logo (I think he used Derby as an example). He said fans would prefer this as it looked better and was more comfortable to wear.

Are we not worth the extra bother now? Do they think the majority will buy the shirt whatever so why not skimp on the quality?

You could argue that if it is cheaper to produce shirts this way then the clubs profit margin is increased so more cash. However, if people won't buy them because they feel they are poor quality then any increase in profit margin may be negated by potential loss of income.

If you looked at it objectively rather than as a fan, nearly £40 for a polyester shirt with an iron on logo is one hell of a rip off.

..and yes, despite all this I bought one!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here