Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

shipperley

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
W@nker :angry:

Boss rebuffs Shipperley horizon

Neil Warnock wants experienced striker Neil Shipperley to remain at Bramall Lane next season... despite continued interest from Championship strugglers Brighton.

Seagulls Chairman Dick Knight has publicly stated that Shipperley is a target and also announced that United have left it to the player to make a decision on his future.

But Warnock hit back by saying: "It's absurd, I don't know why Dick should make a comment, it is not factually true.

"The only contact we have had with Brighton on this subject was a couple of weeks ago when Mark McGhee rang asking about his availability.

"I don't want Neil to go anywhere, not this or next season," added Warnock.

Shipperley, who has scored nine goals in 28 starts for United, returned to the starting line-up for Saturday's fixture at Coventry.

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
Well who do we believe now? I hate the fact that Sheff Utd have so many strikers thatthey dont need and the Warnock comes out with that!
Uncle Dick would not lie! Warnock has a bit of Crisis on his hands what with Unsworth having fallen out with him and there down turn in form! He is just lashing out calm down neil!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I wrote to Neil Warnock and had a signed letter back from him

'I have spoken to Brighton and I am unable to help them out on this occasion, which is a shame because I have a special affinity to Brighton'
Thank you for writing and good luck for the remainder of the season'

Dated 3rd March

So that backs DK's version of events.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Yorkie said:
I wrote to Neil Warnock and had a signed letter back from him

'I have spoken to Brighton and I am unable to help them out on this occasion, which is a shame because I have a special affinity to Brighton'
Thank you for writing and good luck for the remainder of the season'

Dated 3rd March

So that backs DK's version of events.

you actually wrote to Neil Warnock?

Why?

have you nothing better to do?

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Citrus in Sheffield said:
You actually questioned why she wrote a letter?

Why?

Have you nothing better to do?

You actually questioned why he questioned her writing a letter?

Why?

Last edited:

brighton2win

Aug 21, 2005
Edward Scissorhands said:
You actually questioned why he questioned her writing a letter?

Why?

You actually questioned why she wrote a letter? why?

Why?

Last edited:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
ha ha very funny!

Suppose I am the only one that thinks writing to the manager of an opposing team to question a transfer is a little over the top!

Oh well!

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
bhanutz said:
ha ha very funny!

Suppose I am the only one that thinks writing to the manager of an opposing team to question a transfer is a little over the top!

Oh well!

yes, it is.

Just got carried away. Sorry.

xx

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bhanutz said:
you actually wrote to Neil Warnock?

Why?

have you nothing better to do?

No.
I was bored.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
None of you have got any idea why I wrote. I mentioned Shipperly as an aside
But you carry on taking the micky eh?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I dont think Neil Warnock backs up DKs version, it reads like he doesnt want Shipperly to leave.

I smell a rat, sounds like the club are just saying things to make it look like things are in the fire.

Albion Dan said:
I dont think Neil Warnock backs up DKs version, it reads like he doesnt want Shipperly to leave.

I smell a rat, sounds like the club are just saying things to make it look like things are in the fire.

But what would be the point of Knight making up stuff over this? What the hell difference does it make if it was Warnock or the player himself that turns us down, it's not going to appease any Brighton fan either way, is it? :rolleyes:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Albion Dan said:

Like they've been doing for months.

Albion Rob

London Irish said:
But what would be the point of Knight making up stuff over this? What the hell difference does it make if it was Warnock or the player himself that turns us down, it's not going to appease any Brighton fan either way, is it? :rolleyes:

Bit weird. Maybe Knight has been saying all this about Shipperly thinking Sheffield United would just let it ride as they are the ones with his contract and know he's going nowhere.

Since his club's downturn in form he is probably a bit more sensitive about any of his players being unsettled and has lashed out - biting DK on the bum in the process.

It is all very odd though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here