Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sherlock Holmes

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
This particular Sunday I am stuck on my tod, Mrs away, friends all tucked up indoors and no-one out so I thought I'd give this a go at 9. Updated to 21st Century which could be odd as the charm of Holmes for me was always the period setting. Cashing in on the new popularity of the film I'm sure but I'll give it a go. Anyone else gonna watch?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'll be tuning in.

Not sure if it will work, but I'll give it a chance at least.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I loved Sherlock Holmes as a young meade, so yes i am likely to see it. Hopefully they'll exchange his opiumicness for something more horsedrug-based, and perhaps even insert a love-interest. I'd be happy if he was more outwardly gay too.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'm gonna watch it if only to see what someone called Cummerbund Balderdash actually looks like.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm gonna watch it if only to see what someone called Cummerbund Balderdash actually looks like.

haha! He looks exactly what someone called Cumberbumble Brackensash should look like!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's had a lot of publicity, so I'm going to give it a try. On HD as well! (straight after Top Gear)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yup. Watching now. Love Sherlock Holmes stories, so slightly concerned how this might pan out.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
From what I've seen so far, I think I'll be watching the rest of the series.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
seems to be taking a lot of the plot of Luther and the Princess Bride from what I've seen.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I thought that was fantastic, really enjoyed it. didn't even notice the 21st century setting after a few minutes. Yeah, 'twas very good.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yup, I enjoyed that.

Shall be tuning in again next week.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Using the history of Holmes well, mirroring his distance from the world itself, the loneliness and addiction, and introducing his need for a partner to play ideas off of in Watson. The mere mention of Moriarty alliteratively excites.
An allround good show. I'll be back for more.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Thought it was really well cast as well.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did anyone else think that his brother was Moriaty?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Thought it was really well cast as well.

As we know from the Office, Freeman is the likable everyman, suitably bamboozled, like we are, at Holmes' unravelling rantings. Bumbersnatch was no Jeremy Brett, but he certainly carried that rightful blend of arrogance and charm to make him a more interesting and adult Dr Who.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here