Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Weds - embarrassing!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Unfit, over-weight, average, niggly players. Keeper's distribution 10x worse than Michel on a bad day, Mellor and Morrison up front completely ineffectual. Manager had no game plan. One of the worst teams I've seen at Withdean this season....very glad I'm not a Wednesdayite!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Under performing in the extreme. Wasn't there a thread about Mellor coming here? He would need to lose a stone and show he had Some interest in playing football first!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
One of the worst teams to visit us this season.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Both Woking and fc united were better and posed a bigger threat

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
They were very very poor. Megson has got a lot to put right - if he gets to stay long enough.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I was really surprised how shit they were.After 5 minutes i was worried but that was it,absolutely nothing for the next 85.I was a little concerned before the game due to their recent results but i clearly shouldn't have been.Superb support though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was very surprised how dreadful they were. Really never looked in the game. What shrouded me most was how ineffective their front pair. By reputation alone they should be doing better than that, but I guess reputation is history and not the present.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Megson was not impressed either

From BBC

I think arguably it's as poor as I've seen since I joined on February the 4th. We didn't pass the ball at all well when we got on to it.

"We didn't compete well enough and I think maybe allowances have got to be made for the fact that we played mid-week and they didn't and that we've had to traipse down here for 6 hours yesterday.

"I think if you just took the game on today's performance I don't think we would have one player who would get in Brighton's team."

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Unfit, over-weight, average, niggly players. Keeper's distribution 10x worse than Michel on a bad day, Mellor and Morrison up front completely ineffectual. Manager had no game plan. One of the worst teams I've seen at Withdean this season....very glad I'm not a Wednesdayite!

Could not agree more Jim. Mellor can have job here next season, on the burger stall!

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Had a chat with a Wednesday fan at London Bridge station earlier. He had just been to your game and I was on the way back from Orient. He appeared rather depressed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Had a chat with a Wednesday fan at London Bridge station earlier. He had just been to your game and I was on the way back from Orient. He appeared rather depressed.

So would you have been if your team played like they did.

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
What was that jumping up and down chant the Wednesday fans did? That looked quite impressive (although understandably a little half hearted!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here