Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sheffield Wednesday to kick out fans from stadium wearing fake shirts

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
IMG_4172.jpeg
IMG_4173.jpeg
Blimey

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Are there going to be shirt police now? The Chinese fakes I bought for my sons (I refuse to spend £150 on two t-shirts) are virtually identical to the real thing. Someone would have to actually feel the material around the shoulder and look at it close up to be able to be sure it was a fake.

I’m going to keep buying them.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I consider myself aesthetically retarded and wouldn't be able to tell what version I was wearing. I've got a solid model when it comes to clothing: some kid in Bangladesh makes it, some wanker in Europe buys and wears it, and then I pick up the remains at some second hand store. Thats it. And surely there must be aesthetically retarded people in Sheffield as well?

Surely they're breaking some sort of law or something through threatening to throw people out if they're not wearing a particular brand of clothing?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
‘Information passed onto the relevant parties’. Who the hell are the relevant parties, what a pathetic threat
Strange. What’s the situation with the law and buying a fake shirt?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Imagine being thrown out for wearing a hooky one only to get back in after an ‘Official Merchandise’ solicitor fights your cause.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Are there going to be shirt police now? The Chinese fakes I bought for my sons (I refuse to spend £150 on two t-shirts) are virtually identical to the real thing. Someone would have to actually feel the material around the shoulder and look at it close up to be able to be sure it was a fake.

I’m going to keep buying them.
It's what the Uyghur children imprisoned in Chinese sweatshops would want, fella. Keeps them in bowls of gruel, and better they get rewarded than the South-East Asian orphans working 12 hour shifts for Nike eh? You'd object to the obscene prices of the genuine shirts if any of it was ethically made, but the fact that it isn't just beggars belief, the profit margins. What would they be charging if these genuine Nike shirts were made ethically, £250 per shirt? The sooner we stop supporting the whole industry the better, but easier to turn a blind eye seemingly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here