Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sheffield Wednesday to kick out fans from stadium wearing fake shirts

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why put a loan players name on anyway?
With Fati's name on it, in years* it will be worth a fortune

*Could be 5 years but here again it could be hundreds of years.

Bald Head

Jul 20, 2022
Brighton
Another thing what makes me angry is funding the councils Trading Standards Dept with some of my Council Tax so they can protect the profits of multi-million pound companies,the majority of people know their buying a fake because of the low price.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just out of interest, what sort of mark-up is there on shirts. If I was guessing, I'
say it costs no more than £15 per shirt tops to manufacture in bulk and ship. So a
200%-300% mark-up at least?
For an £65 Albion shirt it works out along the followino lines
VAT £11
Production cost £12
Licencing £5 (to club)
Retailer £16
Manufacturer profit £16
Marketing £3
Distribution £2

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So they’re now literally the fashion police?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

You could buy a genuine Ansu Fati shirt which hadn’t been worn and like Prince Andrew, it would be sweat free, but in Fati’s case it was because he never moved faster than a walk.

Bald Head

Jul 20, 2022
Brighton
It’s not illegal. Entry into the ground is under rules they are free to create themselves providing they are not in any way discriminatory. Everyone is being treated equally so there is no law being broken.

How the f*** they are going to police and enforce this rule however seems pretty much impossible. Are they going to have someone checking the label of everyone arriving at the game in a replica shirt? Good luck getting in before the full time whistle Massive fans.
They will take them so the material and stitching can be analysed while the poor fans wait outside the ground freezing their nuts or titties off.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Nice sensationalist headline by the OP. A complete non story. I'll wager not a single person will be "kicked out". There might be a few quiet words re "next time" but come on you think the club will turf out little kids at the actual game ? OP is fishing.
Not the OP's fault really. The SWFC press release does indeed say that people 'could be asked to leave'.

However, what happens when I wear my Beneton T-shirt to the game with my Rollex watch on?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I’ll let my grandson know he’s got an investment.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Will Brighton Stewards be checking to see if anyone wearing fake knickers,
1723283350337.png

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
What a bizarre thing to target your fans/customers for, they ought to mind their own business/explore how to make the real deal actually affordable to their demographic.

And also who are they targeting here? People not wearing the official macron / Nike / adidas etc?

And how would they feel if the fan wore a legit kit from a previous manufacturer. Say, all the Wednesday supporters arrived in their Pony, Puma and Diadora shirts. Will they sanction those fans for not having the new Macron gear?

Lame AF.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here