Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff Wed v Leeds

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
Anyone remember a Brighton fan wander on to the pitch at an away game once? The goalie was about to take a goal kick but our guy, even though clearly being immensely pissed, smashed it into the top corner to a loud cheer. Not the same as attacking a goalie of course, I just wanted to reminisce.

Also, a goalie had something similar in Germany (I think) but kicked two shades of shit out of the fan- and got sent off! Poor show.

The only point I want to actually make though is that even the 15 second clip shows several Leeds fans in the playing area and around the goal. One kicked a microphone to bits. It's not one Leeds fan spoiling it for everyone, it is lots of Leeds fans. It winds me up this "one fan spoils it" cliche.

Feb 14, 2010
Yes happened 15-20 years ago when their were problems at Brighton and many other clubs. Thing is most other clubs have sorted out their problem fans - not Leeds away fans though!

That doesnt wash. When Brighton fans set on a Southend fan and stabbed him, that was the away game in the season before last and that is not an isolated incident. Brighton are a far smaller club than Leeds even tho we get bigger home gates than them now and to slag off 100's of 1000's of people for one away away game where it got out of control is something you could do with many clubs, Brighton included. Brighton did hit an Orient player and that was mid 90's, after the real bad days of trouble.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
grabbed this off the Sheff W forum .............. Dirty Leeds? Bruce Lee playing at RB?

Leeds_zps52b6a4cc.jpg

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Local Derby, not played each other for a while, evening kick off, two sides well known for having an "element". I can't believe anyone is surprised this has happened.

Berk twatting Kirkland is just that and he'll do some serious bird for it.

All the other stuff happens at every other local derby in the country, it's certainly not a north south thing. What was the last "major" rev up inside a ground? Probably West Ham Millwall the other season (even though the stuff in the ground was very much ado about nothing (and yes I was there)). We certainly can't really take the moral high ground given that one of ours ran across the corner to have a pop at the Palace fans only last season.

Players getting attacked is not on all the other bits are just part and parcel of a local derby. Take that away and what have you got? Rugby fans!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not saying that fan isn't a scumbag. Just that Kirkland needs to man up a bit. I've had worse slaps off my missis when we have aggressive sex.

Try looking at the video again with a bit more attention. The first "push" seems to come in with quite a bit of force, and Kirkland's reaction seems to me to be genuine rather than play-acting.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
grabbed this off the Sheff W forum .............. Dirty Leeds? Bruce Lee playing at RB?

Leeds_zps52b6a4cc.jpg

In the old days that would have been a classed as a slightly enthusiastic tackle with no intervention from the ref or linos

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Orient at the Goldstone in 1997?

The Orient match lunatic was punched in he face when the Police put him back in the crowd and had to be thrown out the ground for his own safety.

Wednesday average gate ahead of the Albion now at 26,207. Because of the number of the local derbies north of Watford, the highest attendance of the season expected to be one of the northern clubs, especially as their admission prices are much cheaper at some and their stadia can hold more people.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Re: Dirty Dirty Leeds...... [includes video of Kirkland getting hit by Leeds fan]

As did Brighton when they invaded the Bournmouth end on tv or last time Brighton went to Southend a couple of years ago an een more serious incident took place. The papers reported a Brighton fan stabbed a Southend fan. Of all clubs Brighton have to recognise that after the brighton v Orient game, we are in a very flimsy glass house

You seem to think we are some kind of legendary hooligan firm, wake up!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
What utterly surprising behaviour from my least favourite club :rolleyes: Classy as always, especially adding in the 'paedophile' chanting at Dave Jones. Can see why Warnock sent the players over to applaud them afterwards.

Utter disgrace of a club, hope they get the punishment they deserve but wouldn't be surprised to see that they don't.

In the land of the blind man, the one eyed man is King. 15 years ago? I don't think the spurs home game, Leeds attacked in the Lanes or the Southend fan stabbed was 15 years ago. Never mind lots of other times where Brighton have acted up like palace, pompey or even the QPR incident when Brighton were not even playing them. But again its off the point.

Fact is that fans of Brighton & Hove Albion fans did exactly the same thing and attacked a Leyton Orient player. I also remember Ian Wright having things thrown at him and I also saw a disgraceful incident when a banana was chucked on the pitch at the goldstone. .

you never mentioned Leeds or Southend, you mentioned Brentford (don't know when) Hereford (1997?) Chesterfield (2000?) and Orient (at the Goldstone? so must have been pre 1997)

I'm neither blind nor one eyed, I actually see your point and agree with it to a degree, but to compare The Albion's past incidents with Leeds just doesn't hold water, This is an internet message board you're gonna get 'Joan Calder' sound-a-likes kicking off because they've never farted in the bath, it goes with the turf. I'd wager money there are Millwall fans "outraged" by Leeds behaviour and god knows what Sheffield Wednesday are spouting on their forum despite that fact they can be a horrible buch of fuckers themselves

I think the banana throwing incident was v Doncaster not long after their players had paraded a banner saluting Brighton fans

Feb 14, 2010
You seem to think we are some kind of legendary hooligan firm, wake up!

Its you that said that. Ive just pointed out that Brighton are in a very flimsy glass house on this issue. Why you cant see that is very odd unless you have only ever seen Brighton play at The Amex. Brighton punched an Orient player, brighton have also caused trouble all over the place, including west ham last year, and stabbed a southend fan the year before last. I bet they will cause trouble again this year. Glass houses my friend, glass houses. I expect Ray Wilkins would have a wry smile on his face at some of the "we wouldnt do that at Brighton" comments on this site and might point a few to a particular incident at the goldstone.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Its you that said that. Ive just pointed out that Brighton are in a very flimsy glass house on this issue. Why you cant see that is very odd unless you have only ever seen Brighton play at The Amex. Brighton punched an Orient player, brighton have also caused trouble all over the place, including west ham last year, and stabbed a southend fan the year before last. I bet they will cause trouble again this year. Glass houses my friend, glass houses. I expect Ray Wilkins would have a wry smile on his face at some of the "we wouldnt do that at Brighton" comments on this site and might point a few to a particular incident at the goldstone.
Whether the above is true or not (and I'm not saying it isn't) the I 'd think the same of any Albion fan who carried such behaviour out as I do of the Leeds fans last night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here