Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff Wed v Leeds

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Dirty Dirty Leeds...... [includes video of Kirkland getting hit by Leeds fan]

If this was Brighton it would be one rouge idiot but because it's Leeds the're all scum?

Did you see how many Leeds fans were all giving the moron a pat on the back as he went back into the crowd? Did you see how many we're enjoying the whole moment of him re-joining the crowd like he was some kind of hard man hero? SWFC fans aren't much better for provocation with their 'Turkey' chants.

What needs to happen is for the moron who assaulted Kirkland to be given a life ban from every ground in the country-and made to report to the police whenever Leeds play to ensure he complies with ban. He clearly ignored his current ban so get tougher this time.

Did you see how many Leeds fans were all giving the moron a pat on the back as he went back into the crowd? Did you see how many we're enjoying the whole moment of him re-joining the crowd like he was some kind of hard man hero? SWFC fans aren't much better for provocation with their 'Turkey' chants.

What needs to happen is for the moron who assaulted Kirkland to be given a life ban from every ground in the country-and made to report to the police whenever Leeds play to ensure he complies with ban. He clearly ignored his current ban so get tougher this time.

see post #104

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Fair enough, but for the record Chesterfield and Hereford away was a lot to do with self preservation!

And the Orient incident also-after provocation from Orient players during very tense times. Doesn't make what the butcher did right but the circumstances are totally different to Leeds fans' long history of being twats.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Kirkland went to the floor like a sack of shit in the same way that players do when they try to get someone sent off. It must become a natural reaction after a bit. Goes to show what a bunch of diving fannies some professional footballers are these days.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Northern people associate sport with violence and hooliganism and, the upper-middle classes aside, the football fan is particularly stupid

Are you for real? So basically, if you're Northern, support football, and are working or lower middle class you're a thick hooligan?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Warnock has gone all Yorkshire again. I'm sure his accent wasn't as broad as that when he managed Crystal Palace.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Kirkland went to the floor like a sack of shit in the same way that players do when they try to get someone sent off. It must become a natural reaction after a bit. Goes to show what a bunch of diving fannies some professional footballers are these days.

So you are trying to justify what happened ??? or saying it wasn't too bad ???

I don't care what the keeper did a "fan" entered the field of play and attacked a player, it seems you wouldn't think anything of it unless the keeper was stabbed.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

So you are trying to justify what happened ??? or saying it wasn't too bad ???

I don't care what the keeper did a "fan" entered the field of play and attacked a player, it seems you wouldn't think anything of it unless the keeper was stabbed.

Not saying that fan isn't a scumbag. Just that Kirkland needs to man up a bit. I've had worse slaps off my missis when we have aggressive sex.

Feb 14, 2010
who on here has condoned the behaviour of fans at the above 4 matches? because we had a lunatic element at a few games 15 years ago that warrants us unable to make a negative comment on something that happened last night, does it?

In the land of the blind man, the one eyed man is King. 15 years ago? I don't think the spurs home game, Leeds attacked in the Lanes or the Southend fan stabbed was 15 years ago. Never mind lots of other times where Brighton have acted up like palace, pompey or even the QPR incident when Brighton were not even playing them. But again its off the point.

Fact is that fans of Brighton & Hove Albion fans did exactly the same thing and attacked a Leyton Orient player. I also remember Ian Wright having things thrown at him and I also saw a disgraceful incident when a banana was chucked on the pitch at the goldstone. On a more comical note I remember carrots being thrown at Tony Adams. I'm not sticking up for the Leeds fan but the high horse is not a horse that Brighton can ride.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not saying that fan isn't a scumbag. Just that Kirkland needs to man up a bit. I've had worse slaps off my missis when we have aggressive sex.

There was quite a lot of force to the lower face and neck, Kirkland isn't exactly the biggest player is the world and the fact that he was completely unprepared, had the fan run at him from in front of him he would have had time to protect himself

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There was quite a lot of force to the lower face and neck, Kirkland isn't exactly the biggest player is the world and the fact that he was completely unprepared, had the fan run at him from in front of him he would have had time to protect himself

His neck did jerk back fairly violently but I also think he went down & stayed down in self preservation mode as he had no idea what the fan was going to do next.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
The guys name is Aaron Cawley. Even got a picture of him on his Facebook hitting Kirkland. Absolute scum!

Leedsvbates is his Facebook. Jamie him?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

He'll get more than that I would think.

It's definitely Common Assault (aka battery) which carries a maximum of 26 weeks imprisonment.
If he pleads guilty and IF the maximum is imposed, the bench has to give discount for an early guilty plea (generally its a third off if guilty at first hearing). So if he gets 26 weeks, less a third, he will be given 18 weeks but will actually serve 9.
He'll also be likely to get a football banning order of between 6 and 10 years(the max).
Of course clubs can impose their own bans as well.

inland seagull

Aug 7, 2010
Northampton
TV companies insist on not showing idiots who come on to the pitch, so why this pratt gets wall to wall coverage is beyond me. Lots of people will know who he is so just arrest him ban him and lets get on with enjoying the good things in the game.

Feb 14, 2010
TV companies insist on not showing idiots who come on to the pitch, so why this pratt gets wall to wall coverage is beyond me. Lots of people will know who he is so just arrest him ban him and lets get on with enjoying the good things in the game.

Spot on. Its happened over the years at many, many grounds all over the country. Mark Beeney, our keeper away at Millwall chased a Millwall fan off the pitch. Ray Wilkinn had to deal with Brighton fans running on the pitch and hitting him at the Goldstone and last night there was a leeds incident. People nneed to try and get some perspective and be less keen to ride a high horse that Brighton of all clubs cannot ride.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He was already banned.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Living in Leeds, I would say that the majority of Leeds fans are decent individuals. Having said that the majority tend to stay away from away games. Leeds fans have a large number of nutters, but thats due to having a larger fan base than most clubs. Unfortunately these nutters tend to go to away games and cause the trouble.

What can be done? I can only think of a limit on their away following say 5% of capacity and if it happens again then a total ban. Remember it wasn't just the individual on the pitch, but quite a few and Leeds fans tended to treat the lad as a hero on his return to the stand. Plus also a sentence of some kind for this individual.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Spot on. Its happened over the years at many, many grounds all over the country. Mark Beeney, our keeper away at Millwall chased a Millwall fan off the pitch. Ray Wilkinn had to deal with Brighton fans running on the pitch and hitting him at the Goldstone and last night there was a leeds incident. People nneed to try and get some perspective and be less keen to ride a high horse that Brighton of all clubs cannot ride.

Yes happened 15-20 years ago when their were problems at Brighton and many other clubs. Thing is most other clubs have sorted out their problem fans - not Leeds away fans though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here