Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff Wed v Leeds

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Leeds scored, some fans ran on to the pitch and one of them slightly pushed Kirkland in the face, gone down like a sack of shit and stayed down like he'd received a right-hook to the face.

WTF?!? More than slightly pushed mate, both hands with a lot of force!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Leeds scored, some fans ran on to the pitch and one of them slightly pushed Kirkland in the face, gone down like a sack of shit and stayed down like he'd received a right-hook to the face.

You make it sound as though it is acceptable behaviour from the fan? The authorities are so inept, I reckon Kirkland did the right thing. Retaliating would have got him in trouble and brushing it off would have trivialised the episode.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Thing is though, a few years ago I remember a player getting sent off for man handling a pitch invader to the floor, and I remember at the time some on here thought the ref got it right and saying players had no right to do that.

Bottom line IMO then and now, is if a supporter invades the pitch, and goes towards a player, its fair game to do what you like to them. If had used a fist instead of a girly Leeds slap, Kirkland could of been in all sorts of trouble.

He'll get a lifetime banning order and a short jail sentence, but he's obviosuly a complete sopinless prick so it probably won't bother him.

Its about time the FA grew a pair as well as far as Leeds are concerned. Game should be awarded to Sheffield Wednesday, and a away banning order for the season and a point deduction.

That might not make the prick a big tough man anymore. Shame he run off like a coward, as I'm sure Chris Kirkland would love a one on one with him

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
Originally Posted by RM-Taylor
"Leeds scored, some fans ran on to the pitch and one of them slightly pushed Kirkland in the face, gone down like a sack of shit and stayed down like he'd received a right-hook to the face."

You cannot be serious?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
WTF?!? More than slightly pushed mate, both hands with a lot of force!!

I wouldn't really say it was much force, you see a lot worse in the bar queue trying to get a drink out in Cleethorpes.

Nice edit.

After Leeds scored, Fan ran on and gave Kirkland a forceful push on the face, Kirkland was down a long time but looked like it was out of shock more than anything.

I removed what I originally said as I don't really wan't the hassle and people giving me grief.
You make it sound as though it is acceptable behaviour from the fan? The authorities are so inept, I reckon Kirkland did the right thing. Retaliating would have got him in trouble and brushing it off would have trivialised the episode.

Definitely not acceptable at all but proves every club has it's morons. Wonder what our fans reaction would be if someone did that to Speroni at Selhurst.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Dirty Dirty Leeds......

Fans all over the pitch, chairs flying everywhere and Kirkland gets attacked. Not the first time Leeds fans have caused problems but no doubt the football league will be as lax as Uefa with their punishment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here