Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff Utd After Cullip?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
From the Sheff Utd Mad website:

Sheffield United have been reportedly interested in Scunthorpe striker Paul Hayes along with Derby and Forest whilst they are also tabling a bid for Brighton skipper Danny Cullip.

Reports in 'The People' today suggest that along with Derby County and Nottingham Forest the Blades may try and steal Hayes from League Two side Scunthorpe United.

The 21 year old has an impressive goal scoring record having hit the net 22 times in 48 (+26 sub) league games.

It was also reported in the same newspaper that the Blades are prepared to pay £250,000 for the services of Brighton & Hove Albion skipper Danny Cullip.

Cullip has apparently turned down a new contract at the Withdean Stadium which will make him a free transfer next summer, it is believed the Blades boss will move in quickly to acquire his services.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please, please do not be true. Without Currie and now possibly Cullip - two of our best players this season, It doesn't look good.

Oct 9, 2003
As much as i would hate to lose Danny...if he does turn down a new contract we must cash in otherwise he will leave for free in the summer.

Another 250,000 would be good especially with so many rumours surrounding Dannys fitness, it is also an area of the team i think we have alot of strength. i.e Hinsh, Virgo, El Abd

Sure it's bollocks, but were it to be true, I'd rather take 250 in Jan than bugger all in June.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I'd love to see him pass a medical.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I drew great consolation from your obvious relegation when you sneaked up last year, just knew it'd be a good laugh and IT IS:lolol:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
It seems our friend from Palace has been sent to bed......Sunday night, school in the morning:lolol:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
come on eagles.....be honest, Blackburn and Southampton are far superior to Palace and will both finish well ahead of you.....Oh and btw, 5-0 to you lot does go down as a VERY bad day out for me, but I can't wait for our next trip to Selhurst to put the record straight.:drink: Cheers for now.......off for a pint. Up The Albion!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
BLACK HOLE ALERT.:angry:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
C1 BHA said:
come on eagles.....be honest, Blackburn and Southampton are far superior to Palace and will both finish well ahead of you.....Oh and btw, 5-0 to you lot does go down as a VERY bad day out for me, but I can't wait for our next trip to Selhurst to put the record straight.:drink: Cheers for now.......off for a pint. Up The Albion!
Be honest?? We drew with both Blackburn and Southampton and judging by there position in the league they are not "far superior"

I think you will find we are competing rather well in the best league in the world. And mate, if i was you i wouldnt relish playing us again as we've got Dowie in charge now so you'll end up getting beat 10-0.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If it wasn't for us Palace wouldn't have Dowie. We had first choice and picked McGhee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here