Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sharm El Sheikh?

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
Far too hot! Enless you like tempertures reaching 50.C..

Food was a bit dodgey, But this could of just been the hotel.

Snorkeling is fantastic, and most place have a jetty that take you straight to the 'drop off'.

Locals are friendly.

And you are very unlikely to see a cloud during your stay.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
yup,went with the gf in september few years back. We were a 10 minute walk from naama bay which was ideal location for evening entertainment etc. It is very commercial with Burger King,Chicago rock cafe,TGI's etc but some of the trips are worth doing if you have the money as they will take give you more of a sence of what Egypts about. Obviously water based activities are one of the main aspects so if you like them its perfect. You can eat in other hotels and some of the food is amazing. There are also lots of bars and a few clubs but the egyptian style cafe/bar places far outnumber them. im not expert but was there for 2 weeks so any other questions let me know:thumbsup:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Don't bother. Put some sand at the bottom of your oven, then sit inside the oven and turn it up to the highest temperature. Open the oven door every 3 minutes so that men can try and sell you things.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
haha. thanks for the advice. what about the cruises? how hot is it out there? i heard it could be quite unbearable mid august...

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i wouldnt go mid august mate
in fact i wouldnt go back there at all
food was crap , people are annoying
yes the snorkeling is good

if you wanna go for reasonably priced all inclusive type affair go to cuba or something

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
in september it was around between 38-46 in day and around 20-28 at night,dont know about yourself but im young and it didnt bother me one bit,just had to jump in the pool every 20 minutes,we enjoyed our time there anyway

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I went in October last year and quite enjoyed it, for very much a chill out / swimming / beach type holiday it was nice, drinking was expensive though! Did a nice day cruise and a quad bike safari which was good too!! It hasn't rained in Sharm for about 4 years either!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I'm working here in Sharm at the moment, and have been here many times. Guaranteed good weather, although it gets very hot in the summer,. All the hotels are 4 and 5 star, locals are friendly, as they are all over Egypt. Great snorkeling and diving, so I im told

can recommend

skr80

Oct 9, 2003
Find a good hotel (use tripadvisor), and check what you want to do fits in with what Sharm offers. If you want a hot European style holiday, with a of 'local' harassment from shop owners, then Sharms the place for you..

LockStock

Jan 29, 2008
Sussex
This Thread has been very helpful as im going there for 2 weeks next thurs,
few questions i have.
how hot will it be?
how cheap are the excursions?
what is the best currency to take (Ive been told they'll pretty much take anything)
any good tips for things to do/ places to eat?
Thanks

skr80

Oct 9, 2003
This Thread has been very helpful as im going there for 2 weeks next thurs,
few questions i have.
how hot will it be?
how cheap are the excursions?
what is the best currency to take (Ive been told they'll pretty much take anything)
any good tips for things to do/ places to eat?
Thanks

1. mid to late 30C
2. Not very cheap unless you book it yourself or direct with provider (cut out tour operator) e.g. book Cairo flights from here (using EGY as country of residence - flights = £50 return - though you have left this late)
3. Egyptian Pounds - + $
4. Hard Rock, and a good curry house by Camel Divers

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Huts are going for two weeks in July / August and as we love hot weather, sunshine and beaches we expect this to suit us.

Also a first for us as we going all inclusive.

I don't think, adding in spending money, it will be as expensive as 3 weeks in Florida last Summer however looking forward to it.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Huts are going for two weeks in July / August and as we love hot weather, sunshine and beaches we expect this to suit us.

Also a first for us as we going all inclusive.

I don't think, adding in spending money, it will be as expensive as 3 weeks in Florida last Summer however looking forward to it.

same as me and the gf really,just wanted to chill,sit by pool,eat nice meals and have a few drinks,its perfect,even though it reached 48 we pretty much had our own private pool so just popped in every 15-20 mins.most hotels are really nice aswell and the food is cheap(although the bottles of water are v.expensive) im off to florida this summer so better carry on the saving yeah?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Done both, and we are going back to France, possibly.
When we went to Sharm we really really needed to relax for a week. Sharm was perfect for that, with the distraction of easily the best snorkling I've ever done.
For us it was a hot beach holiday, but with it being so far away from Cairo there really wasn't a great deal of other stuff to do.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Off to Sharks Bay in Sharm, in May half term AI, had jabs a couple of weeks ago and stocked up on decent hospital style handwash stuff and mossie repelant so hoping to avoid the dodgy tummy and bites (malaria v small risk)

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
just got back from Dana Beach resort in Hurgahda on sat - was bloody lovely, food a bit patchy at times, snorkelling was awsome.

we went in april and it was mid 30'd every day so f*** knows how you'd cope mid summer.

but i'll def go again. Altho i did get bitten to shit and had gastroenteritis...apart from that it was sweet. :)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Just take Sterling. You'll be able to change it there at a better rate than you'll get here. Just about anywhere will take Sterling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here