Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sharm El Sheikh?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Sharm over South of France are you mad?!?! - Having just come back from Dubai, which, geographically is not too far from Sharm I would recommend this far more as well - better food, better service, better beaches etc

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Just come back from Hurghada, and would recomend it to anyone.

Hot, sunny and a pleasant 31c every day.

August does get much hotter though, too hot for me at 45-50c every day.

If you can afford it, do a day trip to Cairo, as seeing the Pyramids and the Sphinx at Giza, and the Tutankhamun treasures at the Eygptian Museum was an absolute highlight.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Incredibly cheap once you're out there. The ten minute taxi ride from my hotel in to Naama Bay cost a quid. Alcohol is slightly more expensive, but not like, say, Dubai prices.

Have a go at scuba diving instead of snorkelling, you see miles more and you can go further out to where the reefs aren't so damaged. There's not a lot in the way of Egyptian culture...but if you wanted that, you'd go to Luxor or Cairo, right?

You do get hassled continuously by taxi drivers, who will pass you on the street, and still shout "you wan' taxi?" even though they've seen you say no to the previous five, and also by the guys who try to get you into their bars. But you just have to smile and pretend you don't understand (then listen on, amused, as they try another eight languages to see where it gets them). There's no aggro with it though, if you say no, they leave you alone.

Naama Bay itself is full of big chain restaurants and hotels. I love the rooftop bar at the Camel Divers' club. It's incredibly chilled out, sitting up high, looking out across the buildings towards the sea, with a drink in hand, and watching the sun set and the smoke rise from the outdoor grills at the many restaurants.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
anyone been? thinking of going there on holiday now instead of south france.

thanks for any advice in advance.

I went a few years back, in October half term, was obviously still hot but nothing ridiculous. I really enjoyed it, great for snorkelling. Would reccomend it

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Did two nights there at the start and finish of a liveaboad safari. Definitely a classy, modern resort for a reasonable price but it didn’t seem the kind of place to go if you weren’t a diver - but there were a lot of folks with partners who seemed happy enough to stay by the pool / bar whilst their other half went diving. Like other people have said - it’s probably been eclipsed a bit by Dubai.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here