Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shame On You Celtic

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
if there is any doubt who scotlands shame is now i would like more evidence. this they are just as bad as each other and the rest of scotland hate them both rubbish is a cop out. edinburgh and dundee suffer from sectarian issues as well, although they are not as large or manifested through football as glasgows. to claim the rest of scotland is tutting at them both as idiots in an otherwise sectarian free rainbow land is drivel.

other scottish clubs perhaps claiming they hate them equally is just opportunistic football tribalism. push comes to shove i am sure the rest of scotland find this far more distasteful than rangers side of a sectarian squabble.
Absolute f***ing BOLLOCKS.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This should now put an end to the discussion about them and their equally vile rivals being allowed to play in the English leagues.

You'd hope so wouldn't you. We don't need all that sectarian bigotry that those clubs fans peddle bringing the reputation of our fans back down again.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Well, yes. The poppy was adopted as a symbol of rememberance after WW1 in which many Irish fought - so those Celtic fans are also disrespecting their memory! (Unless of course they're seen as traitors?)

And of course it is used to remember the dead of the second world war. Maybe the banner-wavers are upset because their side lost, in which case - fair enough, I suppose it is a 'bloostained poppy' to them. (Don't forget that among other things the first bombs to explode in Coventry were planted by the IRA)

Oh, and whilst I would never try and defend Britain's at times shameful imperialist past read up a bit about old wars if you think every English/British war was a war of colonial expansion. Try starting with Napoleon ...

Indeed, or the Spanish Armada..................bloody Catholics.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Well, yes. The poppy was adopted as a symbol of rememberance after WW1 in which many Irish fought - so those Celtic fans are also disrespecting their memory! (Unless of course they're seen as traitors?)

And of course it is used to remember the dead of the second world war. Maybe the banner-wavers are upset because their side lost, in which case - fair enough, I suppose it is a 'bloostained poppy' to them. (Don't forget that among other things the first bombs to explode in Coventry were planted by the IRA)

Oh, and whilst I would never try and defend Britain's at times shameful imperialist past read up a bit about old wars if you think every English/British war was a war of colonial expansion. Try starting with Napoleon ...
Top post mate, once again i find myself bowing to your wisdom :thumbsup:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I have to say that I have on many occasions at sporting events passed a banner over my head without having a clue what is on it. Banning everyone holding it is a bit harsh in my opinion. I'd say that a lot of them were probably unaware what they were holding. Also, there could be a lot of people who weren't actually taking part, perhaps even arguing with those that were but happen to be in the row where the banner is.

They need to focus on the people that made and distributed the banner, which I'm sure is what they are doing.

What a load of Crap.

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
Tickets For Troops Anniversary | Headlines | Headlines | News | Rangers

0,,5~9184460,00.jpg

:clap::clap::clap:

They will do anything to fill the home end at Ibrox :p

(Disclaimer to anyone who will take offense to this light hearted post- I'm just joking)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I notice a link to a fans board on the Brighton Celtics supporters club have issued a statement.

My own experience of Celtic supporters is that there are a large amount of horrendous characters. I know two very well and they are lovely chaps (actually from Scotland and not a plastic) who are embarrassed by the behaviour of so many fans and avoid all the political nonsense, but not easy to do that.

Interesting to see what these guys think... celtic apologises! - TalkCeltic - The Ultimate Celtic FC Forum

Attachments

• Celtic.jpg
    Celtic.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 215

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

The poppy is a reminder of the stupidity of a war.

A war where the British Generals through their incompetence cost many men of all kinds of backgrounds their lives.

I view it not from the point of view of dishonouring fallen soldiers, but more in a protest of the wasting of young lives for self serving interests.

Who's more at fault, some guys holding up a banner, or the bastards who sent the young men to their deaths?

Perspective is a wonderful thing.

These fans are most likely disaffected youths that still see discrimination and bigotry directed towards their kind.

People like this aren't just born this way, they are created.

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
I notice a link to a fans board on the Brighton Celtics supporters club have issued a statement.

My own experience of Celtic supporters is that there are a large amount of horrendous characters. I know two very well and they are lovely chaps (actually from Scotland and not a plastic) who are embarrassed by the behaviour of so many fans and avoid all the political nonsense, but not easy to do that.

Interesting to see what these guys think... celtic apologises! - TalkCeltic - The Ultimate Celtic FC Forum

I haven't got time to read through 32 pages of that messageboard thread, but agree with the first page- the Green Brigade are a vocal minority who don't represent the majority of fans

And you what do you mean by plastic? You know me, BoF, and I'm a lovely chap, despite not being Scottish!

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I can't believe people in this thread are surprised by this behaviour, this certainly isn't the first time Celtic fans have behaved this way. If this happened in English football it would be a huge outrage, but I would have thought this is just a regular part of the "joy" of football north of the border.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I haven't got time to read through 32 pages of that messageboard thread, but agree with the first page- the Green Brigade are a vocal minority who don't represent the majority of fans

And you what do you mean by plastic? You know me, BoF, and I'm a lovely chap, despite not being Scottish!

Indeed you are! Sorry, it wasn't meant to be a personal insult. It was meant to be towards those that adopt Celtic for political reasons and the anti-English stance.

There seem to be a good bunch on that thread, but an awful lot of Neanderthals who are quite happy to mix politics and football.

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
Indeed you are! Sorry, it wasn't meant to be a personal insult. It was meant to be towards those that adopt Celtic for political reasons and the anti-English stance.

There seem to be a good bunch on that thread, but an awful lot of Neanderthals who are quite happy to mix politics and football.

Fair play mate :thumbsup:. I agree- that every club and every messageboard there are always people who tend to be more vocal and over shadow other lads with more moderate views!

Anyway, I'm off to have some kip- looking forward to the posts in the morning which say that all Celtic fans are scum!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I view it not from the point of view of dishonouring fallen soldiers, but more in a protest of the wasting of young lives for self serving interests.

Hear, hear. I am an unrepentant Fenian -- but I also had ancestors out of Co. Roscommon killed on the Somme.

I'd wear the poppy for them. Why they were there, why they thought they should be there... all of it pales in comparison with the stark fact that they didn't come back, the farmer back to his praties and his cow, or the policeman back to his bicycle.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Have to say I don't see what the problem is (apart from the typo). Some people, even English born and bred like myself, have a problem with the bullying element of poppy-wearing as it's often used, even surreptitiously, by politicians to drum up support/empathy for ongoing (often, eg Iraq, illegal) wars. I don't think anyone begrudges remembering the fallen of WW1/WW2 and our troops currently overseas (even those occupying parts of other sovereign nations on the say-so of lying politicians, the forces are just doing their - difficult and dangerous - job). God bless them all. But does a bunch of Celtic fans holding up a fairly eloquent (albeit in a shit font) and unsweary sequence of banners really upset you as much as these responses suggest? If so, thank God you have so little else to worry about (unlike our troops overseas).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here