Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shaktar divided in unsportmanlike conduct

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Did anyone see Shaktar Donesk's first equaliser tonight? Drop ball for Shaktar as a player was injured, someone punts it up the field and Adriano runs onto it, past a completely static defence who arent trying to stop him and scores...

Then, half the Shaktar team want the opposition (not even going to try to spell their name) to score, so it looks as if they will let them go straight up the other end, but Adriano goes mental at them, and they tackle the player before he gets to the goal and carry on... unbelievable.

I remember Kanu doing something similar a few years back for Arsenal, and didnt the opposition team (Sheff Utd?) walk off the pitch or want a replay? I remember it being very controversial at the time?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I remember Kanu doing something similar a few years back for Arsenal, and didnt the opposition team (Sheff Utd?) walk off the pitch or want a replay? I remember it being very controversial at the time?

Arsenal vs Sheffield United. FA Cup. 06/02/99

Mark Overmars scored a goal from a throw in that Parlour expected to go back to the keeper, but Kanu crossed it in for overmars. After the match Wenger and David Dein wrote to the FA offering/agreeing to a replay.

maxnug

Jun 9, 2008
I think you lot need to look at how this 'injured' player went down in the first place. Think Rivaldo in a previous world cup, but worse. If anything, fair play to Adriano because the guy cheated by going down to try get someone sent off (where there was NO contact), and to get him back, Adriano punished him. Great scenes. Watch the whole clip before judgement!

maxnug

Jun 9, 2008
Nordsjaelland vs Shakhtar Donetsk Luiz Adriano Fair Play Goal FAIL - YouTube

Now after watching this at the beginning, does anyone really think he is still a scumbag? The guy went down cheating, trying to get Adriano sent off, this is clear to see. Now if the ref booked him for diving this incident never would have happened! As a result Adriano went to get him back for trying to get him sent off by scoring a goal. There is nothing about 'fairplay' here because the guy cheated originally. I think it was genius what Adriano did. Good on him for backing up the statement 'cheaters never prosper'.

Stumpy Tim

This. Two wrongs don't make a right, and there was clearly contact from Ardiano's RAISED elbow before the fella in red went down.

Was there? I didn't see any contact at all, certainly not to his head that he claimed. I find myself agreeing with [MENTION=12054]maxnug[/MENTION] here. The guy clearly feigned an elbow to the head to get him sent off - disgraceful cheating that was punished. It's the divers that are ruining the world game, and I am in favor of anything that discourages it

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Plenty of players go down like a sack of shit, happens in every game nowadays at least once sadly. Doesn't mean the opposition have to dupe the whole team for it. The team as a whole did not deserve giving away a 'free goal'. They were duped and the ref should have taken control of the situation. What Adriano done was as much a form of cheating as any dive.

Stumpy Tim

Plenty of players go down like a sack of shit, happens in every game nowadays at least once sadly. Doesn't mean the opposition have to dupe the whole team for it. The team as a whole did not deserve giving away a 'free goal'. They were duped and the ref should have taken control of the situation. What Adriano done was as much a form of cheating as any dive.

The guy tried to get their man sent off. If he had succeeded the whole Shaktar team would have suffered - and I'm sure the opposition wouldn't have complained. What goes around....

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The guy tried to get their man sent off. If he had succeeded the whole Shaktar team would have suffered - and I'm sure the opposition wouldn't have complained. What goes around....

I'd personally, feel pretty embarrassed if Brighton done the same as Adriano, whatever the circumstances. The guy wasn't the first to ever try to get someone sent off from diving. As I said earlier, players cheat in every game to gain an advantage nowadays. That was no different. And again, as I said, Adriano also gained an advantage by what could be described as cheating.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Was there? I didn't see any contact at all, certainly not to his head that he claimed. I find myself agreeing with [MENTION=12054]maxnug[/MENTION] here. The guy clearly feigned an elbow to the head to get him sent off - disgraceful cheating that was punished. It's the divers that are ruining the world game, and I am in favor of anything that discourages it

I'm with Stumpy and maxnug on this one but only if he did it because he knew it was a dive and was getting his own back which I am pretty sure he did!

It's amusing as I was listening to the radio the other night and they were discussing drop balls and the modern obsession with not contesting them.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Nordsjaelland vs Shakhtar Donetsk Luiz Adriano Fair Play Goal FAIL - YouTube

Now after watching this at the beginning, does anyone really think he is still a scumbag? The guy went down cheating, trying to get Adriano sent off, this is clear to see. Now if the ref booked him for diving this incident never would have happened! As a result Adriano went to get him back for trying to get him sent off by scoring a goal. There is nothing about 'fairplay' here because the guy cheated originally. I think it was genius what Adriano did. Good on him for backing up the statement 'cheaters never prosper'.

Yes, as he was no where near the original incident so how did he know?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
This. Two wrongs don't make a right, and there was clearly contact from Ardiano's RAISED elbow before the fella in red went down.

I'm only on my phone but adriano is a striker isn't he? So that was a defensive midfielder who clashed with the player judging by the positions so surely he was up the other end of the pitch?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So while the rest of the Donetsk team (or certainly the player with the drop ball) were prepared to re-start by giving the ball back, Adriano - and him alone - decides to be judge, jury and executioner over something about which he'd have had little or no idea about.

Classy.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The authorities need to do something about these 'head injuries'. Players are using it to stop play.

Perhaps football does need to have a closer look at how rugby deals with injuries and consider a blood bin type arrangement.

I'm with Adriano on this one. Possibly the only way he could draw attention to behaviour without it being swept under the carpet.

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
I was at the game and have to say it was the worst sportsmanship, from an entire team, that I have ever witnessed. Had it been at Stamford Bridge, the Amex or even another team with more passionate support in Denmark, there would have been a full scale riot. As it was, even me who has no real interest in FCN was out of my seat shouting obscenities and feeling like decking the bloke. It wasn't just that Adriano did it, everyone can make a mistake, but what ensued with the kick off where it looked like they were going to let FCN score until one bloke came in and tackled them was just pure farce. The referee could have suggested to Shaktar to let them score, the management of Shaktar could have told their team to do it... but they showed themselves to be mercenaries of the modern game to worst level. I'm not one for all this kicking out when a player is injured, but in this case it was in an area of the pitch and at a time of the game where there was no threat from Shaktar, so for them to take advantage from it was completely out of order. Rant over. I hope they get f'n stuffed by someone in the knockout phase.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Professional footballers are such a bunch of girls sometimes. I hate the whole business of kicking the ball back to the opposition.

In this case it was wonderful karma after that embarrassing face clutching dive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here