Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sexist Bastard

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The unfortunate thing is that in many cases , and I do not know if this is one, women are promoted to jobs with less qualifications, in order for it to be seen to be politically correct. How many times have we heard leaders of parties or Councils say we must have more women MPs or more from the ethnic minorities why.

If they are suitably qualified have them irrespective of colour or sex. If not refuse them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
goldstone said:
I flew to Dublin from Gatwick on BA on Wednesday with a woman pilot and had the same one on the way back next day. How scary is that?? Almost asked to disembark when I heard her announcement from the flight deck ...
Bet it took her AGES to park the thing.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Ok, this is the most offensive sexist joke I ever heard.

What do you say to a woman with 2 black eyes?

Nothing, you've already told the bitch twice!!

Sorry! :eek:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
smudge said:
Ok, this is the most offensive sexist joke I ever heard.

What do you say to a woman with 2 black eyes?

Nothing, you've already told the bitch twice!!

Sorry! :eek:
:lolol: :clap2: :lolol:
I'd quite like to know what her credentials for becoming a linesman (or should that be linesperson). There's nothing to stop a woman being a good lino, but the fact is that 99% of women know dick all about football, and I can't see how anyone who hasn't played the game to any kind of standard can be expected to interpret what is and isn't a foul. Saying that, I expect that a few of the male officals have never played a proper game either

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'm not sexist...but I do find it odd that women are allowed to officiate mens football, but can only play amongst themselves, not with men (There's no way of wording that without some sort of innuendo, is there?!)

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Withdean Wanderer said:
I'm not sexist...but I do find it odd that women are allowed to officiate mens football, but can only play amongst themselves, not with men (There's no way of wording that without some sort of innuendo, is there?!)

It's FA regulations.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Tooting Gull said:
In a game that on paper was probably the least 'important' in the division...

OI! :ohmy: A very important game, highlighting the continuing downward spiral of the Luton scum and confirming Gregory's Keeganesque 'We're going to score more than you' approach to the QPR revival, scoring 14 and conceding 10 in the last 5 games, picking up 11 points along the way.

As for Newell, 'Just because you're losing' springs to mind.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
sexist,racist,fascist :nono: :yawn: :yawn:

this board is becoming so far up itself it's pathetic.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
How many men does it take to iron a shirt?

None, 'cos it's a f***ing womans job!

Coat. :p

This is like bloody Life on Mars.

We're all transported back to 1973 when Bernard Manning "told it like it is".

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Billy the Fish said:
:lolol: :clap2: :lolol:
I can't see how anyone who hasn't played the game to any kind of standard can be expected to interpret what is and isn't a foul.

The vast majority of officials are failed players , people who were not good enough as players but still loved the game so took up refereeing instead, whether they be male or female.

On your assumption Wenger and Moriniho should not be managers because they never played the game to a decent standard.

Peter Shilton and Paul Gascoigne should.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
BensGrandad said:
The vast majority of officials are failed players , people who were not good enough as players but still loved the game so took up refereeing instead, whether they be male or female.

On your assumption Wenger and Moriniho should not be managers because they never played the game to a decent standard.
Read my post again, I said any kind of standard. I think you need to have played proper football, weather it be on the parks on a saturday or county league, in order to experience the the laws of the game and therefore be in a better position to know when to apply them. If the lino in question can say she's done that then fair enough, but seeing as the womans england team can barely kick a ball between them, it's unlikely.

By the way, Moriniho played professional football, i'd say that's a pretty decent standard

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry I misunderstood your meaning. When you said any standard I took that to imply any reasonable standard i.e County League and upwards as opposed to school football at 11 years old.

Didn't realise that Mouriniho had played as a pro I thought that he hadn't but I wont argue.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
¡Cereal Killer! said:
Yes, maybe, but not all of them.

Why should sensible younger people suffer because of some stupid chavvy twats who thinks that owning a car means they can speed around the place just to impress their frineds.

Tar and Brush spring to mind !

Withdean Wanderer said:

There it makes sense. I don't think it's simply stamina related, as women can run a marathon of same distance to men.
However, on a physical plane the man is stronger and able to use that - combined with aggression - to overpower and dominate against a women/women.
Football requires aggression, and often reckless abandon in a situation. Also, the crowd will be influenced when a woman baulks at a tackle, a barge, or a very physical interraction.

Say a player uses his hands for balance when going up for a ball, or in holding off, against the opponent's chest? Would it become a sexual assault?

When Beckham jumped over the ball v Brazil in 2002 - it looked like it was going out so he avoided the sliding tackles coming in, but the ball stayed in and resulted in a goal against us. A woman would be seen as the sole reason we lost (and many might say Beckham was being a bit of a girl for bottling out). We'd be hearing players called sexist for saying she bottled out, and indeed they may actually be sexist - but it would be a tiresome thing to keep taking into account.

A woman can run, see, think and make an educated judgement, and that is all an official is required to do.
This Luton fellow Newell is saying that a person cannot make a balanced or correct decision, from what they see happening in front of them, and with an education on the rules of the sport, if that person is female.
On that basis, he is also suggesting that women who spectate in the sport and enjoy it, are doing so without enough informed knowledge on what is actually happening in the sport they enjoy.

He is falling into a less-than-tender trap just because a decision went against him, and expounding it so readily is equal to racism.

TelscombeGull

Oct 11, 2006
BN10
BensGrandad said:
Sorry I misunderstood your meaning. When you said any standard I took that to imply any reasonable standard i.e County League and upwards as opposed to school football at 11 years old.

Didn't realise that Mouriniho had played as a pro I thought that he hadn't but I wont argue.

"Jose Mourinho was not a top player. He attended university in Lisbon where he attained a degree in sports science having written a thesis on methodology in football." Quote from ChelseaFC.com

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here