Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sexist Bastard

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
If the FA investigate claims by Mourinho of "favouritism", then surely sexism is a bigger issue?

what about doingnothingism.

Thats when people stop investigating other people.
Much better you know who thinks what.

First of all he goes on about bungs in the game, now its tokenism to women officials.

I think better we did a survey into the best grub at grounds than worry about him and his claims.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I happened to be at the Newell press conference yesterday, and it was one of the funniest things I've ever heard. In a game that on paper was probably the least 'important' in the division, stunned hacks were looking at each other wondering if they'd heard right.

Let's face it, in 2006 it's not often you hear people in public life saying: "I know that might sound sexist - but I AM sexist."

If I can be bothered I might transcribe the whole thing and put it up here, went on for about 10 minutes. He really is football's Mr Angry, what with the bung stuff as well.

In fairness, the lineswoman had an absolute shocker, and cost his side a clear penalty (at least one) and gave a dreadful decision for the corner that led to a QPR goal. But why he didn't just criticise her for her display, rather than her sex, was a staggering error on his part - and it will cost him.

I think Newell's views are indefensible - but the one thing he does do is say what he thinks, on everything, however much grief it causes him. Are all the ex-pros in the media, who agree with what he is saying and have a patronising attitude towards women in sport but only say it in private because they know they can't do it on the radio/TV, actually worse?

Ironically, it overshadowed some equally inflammatory remarks about his own chairman in which he accused him of doing nothing for two years, having a secret agenda for being in charge, and accused the board of giving him "deceit and lies". All of which might well earn him the sack, to go along with his FA charge for the sexism. A good day at work all round.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
¡Cereal Killer! said:
Yes, maybe, but not all of them.

Why should sensible younger people suffer because of some stupid chavvy twats who thinks that owning a car means they can speed around the place just to impress their frineds.

That is taken into account too, as chavvy Postcodes carry an extra premium.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
The fact is that men are better at poker, snooker, darts and many other sports/activities where the reason cannot be put down to our strength/build.

We are even better cooks when we can be bothered; for the women there's only Delia and Nigela, every other top chef is male.

Therefore it is perfectly reasonable to say that women refs are not as good as male refs.

I rest my case (most judges are male too...).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You sexist sods. There are lots of things that women do better than men.

They have better boobies, look better in a dress, look better nekkid for a start.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
NBewe;; is a twat of the highest order, even if he admits to being sexist - there is just no excuse for it, whatever his bacjground.

i trust the lady in quesion has got her qualifications on merit- i reckon the game would improve (and attendance) tenfold, if there were mixed teams !

:p

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
If Women want to be a Ref etc,fine!
But don't come on here knocking the Luton boss when what he's saying is mostly correct!
We do have a political correctness problem in this country and too
many people are worried about upsetting someone.
99% OF WOMEN DON'T GET FOOTBALL!
WHO ARE THE ONES WHO MOAN EVERY TIME THE WORLD CUP COMES AROUND?
HAMPSHIRE DAVE:shootself

1066gull

He does have a point about political correctness though, just this is way off the mark.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Newell is just a gobby COCKJOCKEY who craves a headline.

He pissed me off with all this "there's so much corruption in the game" bollocks - I mean WOW, cheers Mike, hold the front page ! Media hacks were falling over themselves to congratulate Newell for supposedly "blowing the whistle" on the bungs culture, but when it came down to it, did he name any names ? Did he give any evidence ? Did he f***. He got his weeks worth of headlines and radio interviews out of it and then, as usual the whole thing died a death, till Panorama stirred it up again with their utterly feeble and pointless "investigation" into it.

I suppose Newells pleased with himself that he's set the agenda for a few more phone-ins, and got his name in the papers again for gobbing off at a female lino. Yeah well done Mike, real GROUNDBREAKING stuff. We're all sooooo interested in your f***ing opinion. Yawn.

Next week: "NEWELL IN RANT OVER STALE BISCUITS STORM"
Controversial Luton Town manager Mike Newell was embroiled in a new row yesterday after it emerged the Digestive biscuits at QPR were "stale and at least a month out of date..."
Blah f***ing blah. Blah blah.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
3gulls said:
Well done Newell! It's about time someone stood-up and told them all whats what! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Never mind, if you save up your pocket money you might yet find a 'lady' desperate enough to finally rid you of your virginity.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmmm.

Next time Luton get a shit linesman, what's he going to blame it on then? Frankly he's a pathetic excuse for a manager who's bitter because his team (presumably, I didn't bother reading the score) of MEN were too incompetent to score more goals than the opposition, and lost the game. He's trying to divert attention from Luton's poor run of form by raising up a storm about an irrelevant issue.

Political correctness, my arse. The game struggles enough to recruit officials, without some sourfaced Scouser whinging about the fact that- OH MY GOD- they let BIRDS do the job. What are they supposed to say- sorry love, you can't possibly pass judgement on whether a ball has crossed the line and which player it came off because your feminine genes would get in the way of an objective decision?

I presume this particular official had to pass exactly the same tests to reach this level as the likes of Graham Poll so I fail to see the problem.

Some people seem to think it's funny- but let's just replace the word "woman" in his ill-judged rant, with the word "black", and nobody would be laughing.

He's always been a knob in my mind, remember that incident at Withdean a few years back, when he tackled Chris McPhee on the touchline to prevent an Albion breakaway?

Utter, utter twat.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I flew to Dublin from Gatwick on BA on Wednesday with a woman pilot and had the same one on the way back next day. How scary is that?? Almost asked to disembark when I heard her announcement from the flight deck ...

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Would have been an entirely different matter if his team had won. As it is the FA will probably only rap him over the knuckles and give him a fine equal to a small percentage of his wages.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
goldstone said:
I flew to Dublin from Gatwick on BA on Wednesday with a woman pilot and had the same one on the way back next day. How scary is that?? Almost asked to disembark when I heard her announcement from the flight deck ...

Thats very scary, It's bad enough putting women & wheels together!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here