Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sex Offender Craig Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I wonder who will be the first team to crack and try to sign the disgraced Hearts player released the other day. I hope not of course as it will give out the wrong signals but someone somewhere will be tempted to get a 20 year old top prospect for free thereby incurring the wrath and disgust of all supporters including their own.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Reported on SSN last night that he was being offered the chance to go and play in Lithuania, or somewhere around that area, Belarus even? Chairman of Hearts owns a couple of clubs and is prepared to give him a 2nd chance with either of his teams.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Tricky taking him to the local childrens hospital at Christmas with the rest of the team.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Oldham or Notts County I reckon

LeeHughesArrestNTI_468x368.jpg

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Or Coventry. Not sure of the exact details of the Thompson case, but I'd be surprised if it's any more serious than the crimes committed by Hughes or serial woman-beater, Marlon King.

*waits to be corrected*

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Or Coventry. Not sure of the exact details of the Thompson case, but I'd be surprised if it's any more serious than the crimes committed by Hughes or serial woman-beater, Marlon King.

*waits to be corrected*
Its impossible to compare the 3 as the cases are soo different. But as far is I'm concerned Thompson should get out of Britain if he wants to carry on his career

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Its impossible to compare the 3 as the cases are soo different. But as far is I'm concerned Thompson should get out of Britain if he wants to carry on his career

What did he do?

Not "impossible" to compare, as there is an official measure of how serious we deem various offences and offenders, and it's called "sentencing."

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Are you being serious?

Yes.

We deem what a murder does as more serious than a burglar, and that is demonstrated by the more severe sentence that the courts dish out to a murderer.

I'm not saying it's perfect, or indeed correct in all cases, but to say it's "impossible" to compare different crimes in severity, is just wrong. That is the very difficult task the law faces with sentencing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Thompson is a lovely chap, I honestly don't know what he's done, but seeing as he's still a free man, I'm guessing it's less serious than King and Hughes, who didn't have any trouble finding a new club after their debt to society had been paid. So - returning to the thread title - I don't actually think Thompson will struggle either, with it inevitably coming down to "if he is talented enough for a club to endure the criticism" which is a sad but true endictment on the modern World. We are more forgiving if someone is otherwise talented.

Not nice, but appears to be true. Personally, I wouldn't want ANY of those three anywhere near my beloved Albion!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Always amusing and frustrating to see total gimps passing judgement on people like Thompson - guilty of posting pics of his cock to an underage girl or whatever - in a way they'd never bother to do on a 25 year old man for, say, savagely beating another man with an iron bar.

At the end of the day, Thompson shouldn't have done what he's done, but all this bollocks about having to leave the country to persue his career... sweet Jesus. :nono:

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Had a similar conversation with the wife the other day. Saying that Hearts were right to drop Thompson. Then we starting talking about Lee Hughes and the fact that he has been in prison for killing someone (drink driving), yet he has managed to find a club ok. But we agreed Thompson would struggle - would you want your child to have a poster of Thompson on his wall? Also not sure how many kids shirts they will sell with the name Thompson on them!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Had a similar conversation with the wife the other day. Saying that Hearts were right to drop Thompson. Then we starting talking about Lee Hughes and the fact that he has been in prison for killing someone (drink driving), yet he has managed to find a club ok. But we agreed Thompson would struggle - would you want your child to have a poster of Thompson on his wall? Also not sure how many kids shirts they will sell with the name Thompson on them!

But his name is Craig Thomson....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Always amusing and frustrating to see total gimps passing judgement on people like Thompson - guilty of posting pics of his cock to an underage girl or whatever - in a way they'd never bother to do on a 25 year old man for, say, savagely beating another man with an iron bar.

At the end of the day, Thompson shouldn't have done what he's done, but all this bollocks about having to leave the country to persue his career... sweet Jesus. :nono:

Where's the nail on head smiley?

northernblue

Nov 24, 2010
I think his career is over to be fair!! I cant see him coming back from somethinng like this and the abuse he will recieve for the rest of his playing time!! Not sure what the standard is like in Lituainia but I cant imagine its too great which will make it even harder to him to progress to a big club!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I can see him signing for Millwall - he scored two direct free-kicks against them about a year ago in a pre-season friendly and, of course, Millwall love to be hated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here