Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sex attack in showers at a League One club

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The example was Banbury CID.

I think if you are talking about a dozen or people you would be leaving yourself open to defamation claims.

That said, I wouldn't expect this to put off the red tops...

Albion Rob

The example was Banbury CID.

I think if you are talking about a dozen or people you would be leaving yourself open to defamation claims.

That said, I wouldn't expect this to put off the red tops...

Banbury CID - that's the one.

I had a feeling the number was less than 10, although I haven't had to worry about it for a while so it may well be a bit more.

I suppose it's possible that a club could only have two or three 17-year-olds on their books, which might leave a risk of identification.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
They sued the News of the World because there were only five members of CID and the NOTW said one of them had been accused of rape.

Resulted in substantial damages.

The advice we get on legal courses and stuff is you can get away with saying something like "a pupil at such and such school" but you couldn't say "in class BC".

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
They sued the News of the World because there were only five members of CID and the NOTW said one of them had been accused of rape.

The advice we get on legal courses and stuff is you can get away with saying something like "a pupil at such and such school" but you couldn't say "in class BC".

the test is 'class within a class'

Arong692

Oct 2, 2008
my cousins mate plays for oldham youth and apparently therewas some trouble there the other day with the police arresting several members of the team so my guess would be it is oldham.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fair enough. Should dampen the 'Does your boyfriend know you're here' chants on Saturday.

If they do, we can respond with;

"Sing when you're sexuallyassaultingyourteamatesintheshowers, you only..."

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
my cousins mate plays for oldham youth and apparently therewas some trouble there the other day with the police arresting several members of the team so my guess would be it is oldham.

Surely HOLDem :down:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

I don't remember there being a set number or stuff. I thought it was just do with whether a reasonable person would think the article could refer to them. So if they said "4 members of Club X's youth team" all the members of the youth team could sue

Just highlights how moral standards in modern society have changed for the worse. I mean, what ever happened to 'taking one for the team'?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
ARSEnal

Manchester Clitty

Portsmuff

Crackburn Rovers

Morecum

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003