Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Setanta going off air tonight

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
My only concern will be where the UFC finishes up as its the only reason i subscribe. If i don't get to see UFC 100 there's going to be some serious 'ground & pound' in frustration:mad:

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Still don't understand what people on here have got against Setanta.

Some of us don't have the money for Sky every month (and don't need THAT much football as has been said), this will mean the end of any Live footy apart from BBC/ITV as I also get it free with Virgin.

Seems to be the Rupert Murdoch supporters club on here, what's to celebrate?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Setanta are playing their last roll of the dice. They are trying to negotiate a takeover by ESPN. I cant see this happening as ESPN could cherry pick which sports it would want in its package and not inherit all of Setanta's debts by letting them go bust. The next £30M Premier League instalment is due on Monday. Tomorrow is judgement day , either Setanta has rolled a double six or the administrators are called in.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Breaking news in the last hour is that ESPN are not interested in taking over Setanta. Setanta are now trying to sell off the international assets (Setanta US etc) to raise £50M to keep them afloat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here