Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seriously, how THICK are West Ham and Millwall fans?

sten I've yet to see anyone on this board who is white english working class , who grew up in an area with a high proportion of immigrants , argue in favour of it .

Define "immigrants". I would say that Brighton is brimming with immigrants and it's a great City as we all know.

How dull would it be if everyone was Hove born and inbred?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
see sten_super posting.
Take another look yourself, he pointedly put ' I was born', not. Born and bred , or I grew up .by the way , choices ? What choices do you think my 50 year old cousin has got ,seperated from his wife, still paying the mortgage, no council home for him, he isn't on a fantastic wage so he is sleeping in a friends room at the moment because he can't afford to rent privately and pay a mortgage, no such problems for joao from mozambique an asylum seeker who lives below me , poor sod is so traumatised he's only been back there twice this year.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
choices ? What choices do you think my 50 year old cousin has got ,seperated from his wife, still paying the mortgage, no council home for him, he isn't on a fantastic wage so he is sleeping in a friends room at the moment because he can't afford to rent privately and pay a mortgage, .

So do you think because he separated from his wife he should get a council home ?

Take another look yourself, he pointedly put ' I was born', not. Born and bred , or I grew up .by the way , choices ? What choices do you think my 50 year old cousin has got ,seperated from his wife, still paying the mortgage, no council home for him, he isn't on a fantastic wage so he is sleeping in a friends room at the moment because he can't afford to rent privately and pay a mortgage, no such problems for joao from mozambique an asylum seeker who lives below me , poor sod is so traumatised he's only been back there twice this year.

bushy, bushy, bushy, this is exactly what I mean. NOBODY has an opinion as valid as you, do they? NOBODIES experiences are as valid as yours, are they? Certainly not if they dare to have an opinion which is different to yours. You may as well just admit how things work in your head.

As a point of order, I honestly can't remember who it was, or exactly what they said. What I do remember is you were giving it large about how everyone else has only ever lived in 'rural Sussex' and therefore what do they know, when someone came along and said that they had lived for a good period of time in one of these areas, and really it wasn't that bad. You then came up with a plethora of reasons that their opinion wasn't as valid as yours.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What choices do you think my 50 year old cousin has got ,seperated from his wife, still paying the mortgage, no council home for him, he isn't on a fantastic wage so he is sleeping in a friends room at the moment because he can't afford to rent privately and pay a mortgage, no such problems for joao from mozambique an asylum seeker who lives below me , poor sod is so traumatised he's only been back there twice this year.

Your cousin is unfortunate, but that's the way it's always been. If you decide to buy a house you are taking on a long term financial committment and it is your responsibility.

Your neighbour joao (who you obviously know very well) sounds like he is a benefit cheat. If this is so, why don't you report him ?

Can you not see, this isn't about immigration, it's about benefit cheats. Or are you saying only immigrants are benefit cheats ?

Two one line stories with no relevance to one another.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Harsh. He's a WARRIOR fighting on behalf of ALL British white working class men everywhere.

From all the way down there in safe, little old Haywards Heath.

I dont think fighting is the correct term....blaming easy targets is more his 'warrior' instinct.

BTW you do have choices Bushy. You can continue to blame others for your person and domestic situation (which you clearly resent) or, like most others on this site, you can rise to life's challenges. It's easy to point the finger and blame others.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I dont think fighting is the correct term....blaming easy targets is more his 'warrior' instinct.

BTW you do have choices Bushy. You can continue to blame others for your person and domestic situation (which you clearly resent) or, like most others on this site, you can rise to life's challenges. It's easy to point the finger and blame others.
Please show me where I blame others for my domestic situation.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
he should certainly get one before joao,in fact he should get one before any other immigrant.

I don't know how these things are prioritised - but can we really afford to give a person a council house because they were not prepared or able to make their marriage work. I can't see how we can afford that as a nation.

From what you say (and assuming you have not made anything up about Joao) it sounds as though he is a bogus asylum seeker and so should be sent back.

I am not sure how the two issues are related though.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I don't know how these things are prioritised - but can we really afford to give a person a council house because they were not prepared or able to make their marriage work. I can't see how we can afford that as a nation.

From what you say (and assuming you have not made anything up about Joao) it sounds as though he is a bogus asylum seeker and so should be sent back.

I am not sure how the two issues are related though.
your not sure how the issues are related ? Then I'll spell it out for you, joao who has contributed a large fuckall to this country has a council flat, my cousin who has found himself out of his home marital home and cannot afford to rent privately, but who has paid his taxes and contributed all his life does not.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
bushy, bushy, bushy, this is exactly what I mean. NOBODY has an opinion as valid as you, do they? NOBODIES experiences are as valid as yours, are they? Certainly not if they dare to have an opinion which is different to yours. You may as well just admit how things work in your head.

As a point of order, I honestly can't remember who it was, or exactly what they said. What I do remember is you were giving it large about how everyone else has only ever lived in 'rural Sussex' and therefore what do they know, when someone came along and said that they had lived for a good period of time in one of these areas, and really it wasn't that bad. You then came up with a plethora of reasons that their opinion wasn't as valid as yours.
it was gwylan , and you misquote me, I've never said that , what I have said is that its all very well for gwylan to live in these areas for any amount of time telling us all how its not that bad , where does he live now ? I'll tell you , he's moved home to brighton, what about if you can't afford to move out, and home is one of these areas that are flooded with immigrants and you are in a minority ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Please show me where I blame others for my domestic situation.

I'll look for some examples for you after lunch...but you've just given a good example for your cousin.

I know a number of people who've been in similar situations and they just work through it....they dont go blaming people like Joao.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
it was gwylan , and you misquote me, I've never said that , what I have said is that its all very well for gwylan to live in these areas for any amount of time telling us all how its not that bad , where does he live now ? I'll tell you , he's moved home to brighton, what about if you can't afford to move out, and home is one of these areas that are flooded with immigrants and you are in a minority ?

As i prviously have said - I live in brixton for two years. If I could have afforded to stay there I would have done. It ended up being cheaper for me to live in Brighton but commute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here