Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious question - Would you boo Vicente when his name is read out IF he ever returns

Would you boo Vicente

• No- Would clap and cheer, excites me...

Votes: 189 94.5%
  • Yes - Taken the piss too long...

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • whatever.........cant be bothered

Votes: 10 5.0%

• Total voters

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Last season we were Withdean and Hove Albion FC in L1 (not even the low point of recent history!) and this season it is an EMBARRASSMENT to have signed f***ing VICENTE straight from VALENCIA?!???

This thread borders on MENTALLY ILL, never mind moronic!

Ooooh former Spanish footballer of the year Vicente is taking the ABSOLUTE f***ing PISS out of us in not playing currently because of the injuries that meant he came here in the first place, do you think you would boo him because, because, other dickheads have been moaning about it too and presuming to know how he is being paid and that he only wants to play for the shop window and and and

jesus f***ing christ! shut the f*** up seriously.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
The geezer is a footballing god, I would cream my pants if I ever see him wearing the famous stripes again

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Last season we were Withdean and Hove Albion FC in L1 (not even the low point of recent history!) and this season it is an EMBARRASSMENT to have signed f***ing VICENTE straight from VALENCIA?!???

This thread borders on MENTALLY ILL, never mind moronic!Ooooh former Spanish footballer of the year Vicente is taking the ABSOLUTE f***ing PISS out of us in not playing currently because of the injuries that meant he came here in the first place, do you think you would boo him because, because, other dickheads have been moaning about it too and presuming to know how he is being paid and that he only wants to play for the shop window and and and

jesus f***ing christ! shut the f*** up seriously.

should be up Vicente's street then.....

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Absolutely would cheer and clap like a baby - AND HE WILL PLAY AGAIN THIS SEASON

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
should be up Vicente's street then.....

Hypochondria is an odd thing because it manifests physically beyond what one would believe possible for mere 'making it all up', allowing the sufferer to become ever-the-more convinced of their own problems. Ironically the sufferer worsens in their conviction because they feel 'I wouldn't be so silly as to feel something unreal like this'.

So I pity him, if this is the case. OK maybe I'll boo... but just a little bit.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Right, I am as bored as everyone else over this saga, which is turning in my opinion very embarressing for us as a club. Reading threads now, there is a lot of resentment towards the guy, and in my opinion some is justified. If he did make a recovery from whatever injury the guy has and was named in the squad for Saturday, would you clap and cheer him like an excited school child in a sweet shop, boo him as he has made us a laughing stock whilst earning a decent crust for very little return or just ignore...

For me, as much as I am frustrated with it all, I would still cheer and clap as i got so excited seeing him play, he is/was mustard.........

but honest opinion is that he is finished and we will get an announcment very soon saying as much.

Who?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Vicente

I personally would go beyond many of these posts to say that, if GP chose to extend his contract for a further year, and VR chose to sign, I would be over the moon.

Two things, it would prove that GP thought he was worthy of belief and, secondly, that VR was determined to prove himself.

He was so close to coming on recently but two essential substitutions kept him off.

Those who ridicule him should pause to remember that he has given up a hell of a lot to come here and should always be applauded for having been prepared to sign for the Albion.

Last edited:

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
My first thought upon seeing this poll was "What the f***?!"
I'll give him a massive cheer when he returns!

Could not agree more! You sound like a very clever person!

I haven't seen him play, but from what I have heard he is great, why would you boo talent like that?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

I haven't seen him play, but from what I have heard he is great, why would you boo talent like that?

You flatterer, Monsieur Lovegrove!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

The, it has to be admitted, relatively few glimpses we have seen of him, he is quite possibly if not certainly the most talented footballer to ever wear the stripes.

This backed up by images of his time at Valencia etc.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I have said this before but will say it again. A mate of mine, who does know people at the club, swears blind that Vicente is on a pay as you play deal. I would like to hear if anyone else knows for a fact whether this is true or not or has heard the same / different? There's a big myth he's on 15k to 20k that was started by someone on here making up figures cos it was such a coup to get him IMO.

If he is on PAYP, everyone should lay off the slagging as it makes no differene if he doesn't play wage wise.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Next poll: Will you boo Gus for being foreign?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I have said this before but will say it again. A mate of mine, who does know people at the club, swears blind that Vicente is on a pay as you play deal. I would like to hear if anyone else knows for a fact whether this is true or not or has heard the same / different? There's a big myth he's on 15k to 20k that was started by someone on here making up figures cos it was such a coup to get him IMO.

If he is on PAYP, everyone should lay off the slagging as it makes no differene if he doesn't play wage wise.

Agreed though he is possibly on a mix of basic plus performance !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here