Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious question - Would you boo Vicente when his name is read out IF he ever returns

Would you boo Vicente

• No- Would clap and cheer, excites me...

Votes: 189 94.5%
  • Yes - Taken the piss too long...

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • whatever.........cant be bothered

Votes: 10 5.0%

• Total voters

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Yes I'm disappointed that we haven't seen more of Vicente, especially as supposedly he was ready to come off the bench only 2-3 games ago but Gus was obliged to make other changes. That's not Vicente's fault. Must admit I was looking forward to seeing him dissect Saints and Palace. However I certainly don't feel strong enough to post a mischief making poll on here.

Look at the facts - Vicente did not have the benefit of pre-season training and certainly wasn't match fit when he came to us then surprise surprise picked up injuries. Once available there were a couple of games/pitches (eg Wrexham away) that wouldn't have been wise to expose him to. Its the same narrow minded view that lost patience with Buckley, Hoskins, KLL, Harley - and sadly Nooney could be next.

Yes it's frustrating these guys haven't had more pitch time but not as lot we can do as fans about their injuries but give them our support and understand if they don't instantly produce the goods while they get match fit. Fortunately we have a decent squad these days so his absence has not been critical for our season (although I do wonder what difference a few more games from Vicente would have made?).

When Vicente next turns out for us he will get my full support because he is from a different footballing planet. Just watch the video of his cameo against Liverpool and 'that' goal at Ipswich. I still can't believe he is 'ours'. I also think it does no harm to have Vicente on the training ground so the youngsters can learn from his technique - in a similar way that having Zola as a guest for training would have been an eye opener for them. Shows just where this Club is heading compared to 2-3 years ago. Keep the faith.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
If you have to tell people its a serious question then quite clearly nobody else will consider it as such.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yes I'm disappointed that we haven't seen more of Vicente, especially as supposedly he was ready to come off the bench only 2-3 games ago but Gus was obliged to make other changes. That's not Vicente's fault. Must admit I was looking forward to seeing him dissect Saints and Palace. However I certainly don't feel strong enough to post a mischief making poll on here.

Look at the facts - Vicente did not have the benefit of pre-season training and certainly wasn't match fit when he came to us then surprise surprise picked up injuries. Once available there were a couple of games/pitches (eg Wrexham away) that wouldn't have been wise to expose him to. Its the same narrow minded view that lost patience with Buckley, Hoskins, KLL, Harley - and sadly Nooney could be next.

Yes it's frustrating these guys haven't had more pitch time but not as lot we can do as fans about their injuries but give them our support and understand if they don't instantly produce the goods while they get match fit. Fortunately we have a decent squad these days so his absence has not been critical for our season (although I do wonder what difference a few more games from Vicente would have made?).

When Vicente next turns out for us he will get my full support because he is from a different footballing planet. Just watch the video of his cameo against Liverpool and 'that' goal at Ipswich. I still can't believe he is 'ours'. I also think it does no harm to have Vicente on the training ground so the youngsters can learn from his technique - in a similar way that having Zola as a guest for training would have been an eye opener for them. Shows just where this Club is heading compared to 2-3 years ago. Keep the faith.

Well said!

Just to have him on the training ground should be a huge opportunity for Noone, Kaz etc to learn, just as it is with Gus and Tanno there.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Without knowing behind the scenes info, you'd have to be insane to boo him I feel.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I have never, will never ever boo a Brighton player at anytime. If he has played below par, he will most likely know himself. If he doesn't, then Gus/Tanno/Charlie will let him know and deal with it. As for Vicente, to boo him would be bang out of order. I know it's frustrating, but he is one of ours. I just think booing in general doesn't help anyone.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Do you actually understand the word 'embarrassing'?

Do you think it means the same as 'annoying'?

Of course it's embarrassing. I mean, look at all the match reports and news stories that talk about us, laughing and making fun of the fact vicente wasn't playing. All those snidey remarks from the commentators at the wrexham and newcastle clubs about how we're wasting money, the digs from pompey about us paying over the odds. I can barely leave my house anymore, concerned people will be able to tell I'm a brighton fan, and just slaughter me for this shame.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've heard some snarky remarks from the fans when players returning from injury as subs are warming up. That sort of behaviour is embarrassing.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd scream myself hoarse with exciting with the announcement of his name. With some players we're in love with practicality and endeavour, but with others it's with the magic that their reputation seems to hold and the promise that their history foretells. The bloke is the best Albion player i have ever witnessed even for seconds and if i see him play again i'll have nothing but that feeling of wonderment and awe that i felt when he turned up. This is the time of dreams for us and he is one almost-touchable fantasy that lifts us fantastically from the mire of our past dominated by trouble and struggle.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Of course not, you silly person.
If he ever manages to make it onto the pitch in the blue and white stripes, he will get nothing less than a round of applause and/or cheering

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I have never booed an Albion player and I certainly dont intend to make Vicente an exception!

From what little I have seen of him he looks total class, and may well be one of the most skillful players to have worn the blue and white stripes. However, its got to be said that I'm getting a weeny bit suspicious that he appears to be fit and well during the week but when Saturday comes, summats up again - and, as pointed out in an earlier post he seems to be picking up a lot of "unspecifieds"!

I'm disappointed of course and there is that lil nagging doubt that he is only here for the money.

Bottom line is that however good any of us are at our job, trade, vocation or profession, if we don't turn up to do the business, then we aren't much use at all!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I'd scream myself hoarse with exciting with the announcement of his name. With some players we're in love with practicality and endeavour, but with others it's with the magic that their reputation seems to hold and the promise that their history foretells. The bloke is the best Albion player i have ever witnessed even for seconds and if i see him play again i'll have nothing but that feeling of wonderment and awe that i felt when he turned up. This is the time of dreams for us and he is one almost-touchable fantasy that lifts us fantastically from the mire of our past dominated by trouble and struggle.

:bowdown: this

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

thiiiiiiis

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here