Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious question to all the tory supporters celebrating tonight.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
As an example, if I were made compulsorily redundant tomorrow, with my length of service, I would be entitled to a payment of £ 60,000 .

" From 1 April 2010, employees made compulsorily redundant will get cash compensation based on length of service – one month’s pay per year of service for the first 5 years, and two months’ pay per year for subsequent service. Compensation will be subject to a maximum of 3 years’ pay where this leads to a payment of no more than £60,000 (or, if higher in the future, £50,000 plus the increase in the median full-time Civil Service earnings since 1 April 2010). In other cases, the payment will be limited to the higher of 2 years’ pay and £60,000 (or the indexed figure described above). "

How long have you been there for?

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
The public sector which under Labour became bloated especially with middle management workers as one example of where cuts could be made.

See my above post, make me compulsorily redundant tomorrow and it costs the taxpayer two years of my salary. So no real saving until 2012.

Actually I would be quite happy to take that as a lump sum, since my skills are highly transferable to other industries. When I was made redundant in 1992 at the height of the last recession I was out of work for only 2-3 months.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
See my above post, make me compulsorily redundant tomorrow and it costs the taxpayer two years of my salary. So no real saving until 2012.

Actually I would be quite happy to take that as a lump sum, since my skills are highly transferable to other industries. When I was made redundant in 1992 at the height of the last recession I was out of work for only 2-3 months.

Have you been there 18 years?

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
17 years.

Ok well in the private sector it tends to be last in first out (primarily I think because of any redundancy package). I would presume it would be in the public sector, therefore if you were looking to make someone redundant on £30k whom had been with only a company for the last two years for example they would obviously be the ones to go on I guess around the £5K mark I listed earlier.

PS You are a lucky man and I would be looking for redundnacy too:thumbsup:

Yoda

English & European
Well I am sure that is different across all the different types of public sector industries. But why don't you get this, Labour, yes Labour under their administration have left us with the biggest debt we have ever faced, in peace or in wartime.

It is like you as individual owing the banks say £100,000, something has to be done about this. Do you understand that?

I think you'll also find that Labour in at least the last five years have made an effort to hold public sector pay. Those on the max have had rises of about 3-4% during that time, well below inflation.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Except of course I don't want to be made redundant, been there and got the t-shirt, and it wasn't much fun.

The point I'm making is that making people redundant doesn't make immediate savings, they may only be realised several years down the line, and may actually exacerbate the problem.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
What did you have to ' put up with ' growing up ?

Tories = the following

- severe boom and bust with only the rich benefiting from the boom and being protected from the bust
- negative equity and repossessions; the Tory era recession was lighter globally but the impact was huge on the man on the street. many lost their homes and futures
- great sell off of the nations state housing and assets (not talking gold here but significant amounts of money/investment in housing/facilities etc)
- the OK to greed. It was suddenly OK to be greedy; everyone was on a get rich quick mode UNTIL they pulled the rug and suddenly millions had lost on their investments
- FREE ENTERPRISE WORKS?????????????? remember thosoe sodding car stickers. What we are suffering from now is that free enterpise doesn't bloody work! That is whey the outgoing government had to shore up the banks and financial institutions.

I could go on but it just pisses me off too much. I am of a class, colour, profession etc that will undoubtaly benefit personally from a Tory govt but the fact is that the environment I live in will deteriorate as the gulf between the lucky/fortunate and the not so lucky grows.

It is true to say that I also got extremely hacked off with the labour govt. so many missed opportunities as well as the lying bastards getting us into a war that we should have never got into etc etc. However, I do appreciate that the Tories would have got us into the war also and they would have screwed us over even more during this recession.

Brown looked like a slack jawed imbicile and that is why he lost; very little to do with policies, just that people didn't like what he looked like or how he came across. that is what has become of politics in this country.

The Tory's are shite, always have been, and Cameron will take this opportunity to prove that he should never have been trusted. The Tories got absolutely caned by Labour in 97 after a similar period in govt. the Tories limped across the line; the labour party will not be out so long

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Amoungst other things, it gives me hope that we now have two leaders running the country that have been professional enough to put aside petty bickering for the good of the country. That alone inspires me to believe we're entering a more grown up and intelligent period of politics - something like the hope the Obama win brought to the USA and the world.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

sammy g

No election for five years. The new government have exploited our lack of a written constitution already. Despite the (probable) unpopularity of the new government, we will not be able to do anything about it for five years unless 55% of parliament agree to go for an election; This, despite Cameron disagreeing with a fixed term parliament in the election campaign, a great day for democracy in this country.........

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
The "Nasty Party" has been hijacked by the lentil soup supping brigade, but this is only cosmetic and temporary.

Treason Clegg and his unprincipled disciples will pay a huge price for this act of treason on the electorate.

Most Liberal Democrat voters did not wish to help the Irish Brigands gain power.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The "Nasty Party" has been hijacked by the lentil soup supping brigade, but this is only cosmetic and temporary.

Treason Clegg and his unprincipled disciples will pay a huge price for this act of treason on the electorate.

Most Liberal Democrat voters did not wish to help the Irish Brigands gain power.

Yet another Labour supporter by chance ? I never realised what bad losers Labour supporters are !

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Meerly a battle in the never ending class war.

YOU and your elitist party should prepare to go into permanent exile in 5 years time.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Yet another Labour supporter by chance ? I never realised what bad losers Labour supporters are !

We are all losers - not just those who voted anti Tory. The biggest losers in all of this will be the lib dems though - I have always voted lib dem as labour had no chance here in the queen of the suburbs. No more though as they clearly can't be trusted with my vote.

Clegg will be rembered as the death knoll of the lib dems and the end to tactical voting.

When you grow up and experience life a little you may just understand.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Meerly a battle in the never ending class war.

YOU and your elitist party should prepare to go into permanent exile in 5 years time.

The Tory party aren't "my party". Yes I voted for them this time but in reality I'm a floating voter.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"Clegg will be rembered as the death knoll of the lib dems and the end to tactical voting."
Quoted by Horses Arse

Correct.

These events will signal an upsurge in the popularity of the Labour Party as the only home of the centre left, which represent a majority in this country.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Looks like they are getting rid of the House of Lords and replacing it with a PR elected senate. Something Labour promised years ago.

I love the progressive politicians we now have in Government.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
We are all losers - not just those who voted anti Tory. The biggest losers in all of this will be the lib dems though - I have always voted lib dem as labour had no chance here in the queen of the suburbs. No more though as they clearly can't be trusted with my vote.

Clegg will be rembered as the death knoll of the lib dems and the end to tactical voting.

When you grow up and experience life a little you may just understand.

It's clear that you didn't get a private education otherwise your arguements might be more constructive than "you're a cock".

When I grow up ??? I was pointing out that the Tories and Lib Dems had managed to put aside childish differences to form a government to hopefully, but yet unproven, provide this country with some solid leadership. Unbelievably there would appear to be some people not willing to give them the chance - for whatever reason that may be - you appear to be one of them. This crap of left verus right verus centre or the equally crap so called class war has to stop. Unfortunately there are still mindless morons that still insist on the "Tories are toffs" and "Labour are working class scum" mentailty. It's these people that need to bloody well grow up and realise that coalition government is the best way forward. Sadly there are too many people with chips on their shoulders to do this - you clearly being one of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here