Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious question to all the tory supporters celebrating tonight.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I think you'll also find that Labour in at least the last five years have made an effort to hold public sector pay. Those on the max have had rises of about 3-4% during that time, well below inflation.

And those of us well below the max have a pay freeze for the next three years (WSCC).

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
I can't remember anyone on this board claiming anything so simple.

Sorry, this has gone on a bit, but I hope you now understand a little better why the spending has to stop.

cheers for taking the time to post, although i do have a grasp on the need to reduce the national deficit and have never disagreed that reductions in public spending are a part of that. (if targeted correctly) the point i was originally trying to make (think i shouldnt have bothered now, i knew there was a reason i never usually chime in to non albion related threads!) was that wholesale cuts in public spending is not the sole course of action required in order to resolve the issues the new government face.

cheers again. :thumbsup:

Ok well in the private sector it tends to be last in first out (primarily I think because of any redundancy package). I would presume it would be in the public sector, therefore if you were looking to make someone redundant on £30k whom had been with only a company for the last two years for example they would obviously be the ones to go on I guess around the £5K mark I listed earlier.

PS You are a lucky man and I would be looking for redundnacy too:thumbsup:

No.

I just been made redundant by the public sector. 5 years for the LDA (a regeneration agency for LOndon). Cost you £16k.

Job still to be done, but I was on a renewable contract, so an easy one to get out.

THe LDA has cut over a third in the last year.

The public agencies will review priorities, what services are statutory etc.

So for example. Teachers will stay. Health and Safety front line will stay. Home helps etc.

Usual cuts are in administration, leaving professional officers, being paid to be an expert in their field, during all their paperwork.

My missus one of the coutry leading heritage officers. Could end up with photocopying a 100 page planning application, because the **** wits have culled all of admin support at her Council.

Not a great use of her time.

LOcal Authorities have been culled for years. Perhaps efficiency can be improved - though when I have worked closely with the proivate sector boys from Arup, PWC etc there is no difference in performance.
Just that they can cost £1000 plus a day!!

But cuts won't be based in last in first out!

Word already coming thru fromk right wig think tanks, thecity, Institute of Fiscal Studies, that a increase in vat is likely up to 20%.

I

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here