Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious Question - Sexist Advert at the Amex...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyone noticed this?

There's an advert on the big screens that has a picture of women and the slogan 'the night before', it then switches to a picture of a crashed car with the slogan 'the morning after'. Is it right of the club to perpetuate this stereotype of women as bad drivers?!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Its not a stereotype though? its the truth???

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Anyone noticed this?

There's an advert on the big screens that has a picture of women and the slogan 'the night before', it then switches to a picture of a crashed car with the slogan 'the morning after'. Is it right of the club to perpetuate this stereotype of women as bad drivers?!

Actually, the statistics show quite conclusively that women are better drivers than men, they have fewer accidents and thus pay lower insurance premiums. Men all to often make drivingpart of their ego, you can tell a man that he's stupid, he's ugly, he smells and even that he's no good in bed but few men accept that they are a bad driver.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Is this serious question seriously unserious?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Actually, the statistics show quite conclusively that women are better drivers than men, they have fewer accidents and thus pay lower insurance premiums. Men all to often make drivingpart of their ego, you can tell a man that he's stupid, he's ugly, he smells and even that he's no good in bed but few men accept that they are a bad driver.

You calling me a bad driver :glare:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Anyone noticed this?

Ain't you got anything else to worry about than some daft advert?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is this serious question seriously unserious?

:thumbsup: I thought it was now customary to indicate an unserious question by labelling it as a serious question.

For the record, people, the advert is about drink driving. I omitted the fact the women are clearly on a night out drinking, and the picture of the car is followed by an drink driving info screen with numbers or something for advice or whatever.

Last edited:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

That's no totally true. Women have generally more "minor dinks" but when men have accidents they are generally bigger and more costly. That's why men pay more insurance (until the end of this year when the Gender Directive comes in).

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
But if it showed a man instead, would that be sexist the other way? I spent a whole millisecond considering this, and all I could come up with is, who gives a shit?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
News to me. I never look at the adverts on the big screen as there is this odd thing called a football match and it's prelude to enjoy.:lol:

They show them at half time... So unless you are queuing up for a pie, they're quite hard to miss... Or are you enjoying the prelude to the second half in half empty stands?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
But if it showed a man instead, would that be sexist the other way? I spent a whole millisecond considering this, and all I could come up with is, who gives a shit?

I think it's fairly if not completely obvious by now that he was being sarcastic :facepalm:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Au contraire, the advert is sexist towards men! Using up valuable resources targeting a female audience when most incidents are likely to involve men.

:thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Maybe they should of used a transexual To keep everyone happy

But a male-to-female transgender person or a female-to-male one? Decisions, decisions!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here