Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious Question - Sexist Advert at the Amex...

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
They show them at half time... So unless you are queuing up for a pie, they're quite hard to miss... Or are you enjoying the prelude to the second half in half empty stands?

Sorry Sam. I'm chatting with mates in the concourse, so yes I have missed the advert.

However to be slightly controversial, the majority of accidents at present are due to mobile phones, and if I had my way someone using a phone whilst driving would have a lifetime ban.

I watched a female driver the other week, and she was easily in her thirties, texting whilst driving. It was in the morning outside Brighton College, and she was about to pull out onto the traffic, whist not noticing the half dozen nurses coming off duty, and nearly knocked one of them flying. Also on the junction here only yesterday there was a squeal of brakes, as a woman, with her kids in the car, was texting. Yes drinking and driving is still an issue, and yes that might be a male issue, but please note, phones, texts and cars just do not mix.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Sorry Sam. I'm chatting with mates in the concourse, so yes I have missed the advert.

However to be slightly controversial, the majority of accidents at present are due to mobile phones, and if I had my way someone using a phone whilst driving would have a lifetime ban.

I watched a female driver the other week, and she was easily in her thirties, texting whilst driving. It was in the morning outside Brighton College, and she was about to pull out onto the traffic, whist not noticing the half dozen nurses coming off duty, and nearly knocked one of them flying. Also on the junction here only yesterday there was a squeal of brakes, as a woman, with her kids in the car, was texting. Yes drinking and driving is still an issue, and yes that might be a male issue, but please note, phones, texts and cars just do not mix.

It's a chilling thought, but one day, someone might have an accident while busy replying to an NSC post while crossing the road or driving. :sad:

We need a public information film on NSC!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
[yt]SjxY9rZwNGU[/yt]

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Women can't drive when they're sober, imagine how bad they are when they're pissed.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Actually, the statistics show quite conclusively that women are better drivers than men,

This is not true. Often quoted that men have twice as many accidents but forget to mention man also account for 80% of the miles driven.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone noticed this?

There's an advert on the big screens that has a picture of women and the slogan 'the night before', it then switches to a picture of a crashed car with the slogan 'the morning after'. Is it right of the club to perpetuate this stereotype of women as bad drivers?!

And if you "reversed" all steriotypes you would end up with new steriotypes. Try to accept you are a fool and try to find a cure rather than spout rubbish online.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And if you "reversed" all steriotypes you would end up with new steriotypes. Try to accept you are a fool and try to find a cure rather than spout rubbish online.

:facepalm: Foolish would be rushing to reply to a thread in such a manner rather than reading the rest of the thread.

Is this serious question seriously unserious?
:thumbsup: I thought it was now customary to indicate an unserious question by labelling it as a serious question.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
That's what happens when someone automatically wades into threads with a sledgehammer!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Can people not detect sarcasm anymore? I posted a thread "Are you happy when we win games" and it took about a page before someone noticed I was joking. Jesus!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
:facepalm: Foolish would be rushing to reply to a thread in such a manner rather than reading the rest of the thread.

It was infact a sarcastic comment, "try to accept you are a fool", based on the rest of the thread.:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here