Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious question - How can anybody like tuna?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Up there with olives - though I wouldn't have the two together.

Take a tuna fillet, squeeze the juice of lime over it, and the tiniest twist of white pepper, and sear it in a hot pan for two minutes each side. Marvellous.

I'm allergic to it, makes me go green. THe last time I had some at a cricket barbie in a sandwich , I actually really started changing colour.

But sardines are fine.

There's a lot of mercury in Pacific tuna allegedly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can feel your pain, those sick marketing guys that think it's ok to advertise a sandwich as tuna and neglect to mention any decorative additions. During the summer I often have this problem with cricket teas, the captain usually asks someone to make a loaf of tuna sandwiches ("tuna" not "tuna and cucumber") yet at least half the time you open your sandwich triangle to find the evil green circle sitting there laughing at you.

Dispicable isn't it.

I even took a different route home that day, cutting down to the M4 so as to avoid the possibility of a waft of that repugnant green stuff from my earlier ejected sarnie drifting across the carriageway and violating me once again.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Dispicable isn't it.

I even took a different route home that day, cutting down to the M4 so as to avoid the possibility of a waft of that repugnant green stuff from my earlier ejected sarnie drifting across the carriageway and violating me once again.

Imagine if a lorry load of cucumber spilt its load over the carriageway, they'd have to close the motorway for weeks whilst guys in haz suits went in to deep clean the whole area.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Tuna is great. I always make sure I have loads of tins in.

It's tasty, it's healthy, through in some mayo and you have the best sandwich filling ever devised.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Imagine if a lorry load of cucumber spilt its load over the carriageway, they'd have to close the motorway for weeks whilst guys in haz suits went in to deep clean the whole area.

I would literally be more comfortable being in a room full of radiation than a room full of cucumber.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Serious question - how can anybody not like tuna?

Why the massive hate with cucumber?

Although I agree this one is even more puzzling.

It's not like either have particularly strong flavours and require getting used to.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I would literally be more comfortable being in a room full of radiation than a room full of cucumber.

With good reason, I've heard cucumber has a half-life of thousands of years and any kind of cucumber meltdown wouldn't just affect our generation but many generations to come. I often have nightmares about such things.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Serious question - how can anybody not like tuna?

Although I agree this one is even more puzzling.

It's not like either have particularly strong flavours and require getting used to.

Thats the whole problem you see. Its like its TRYING to have a flavour, but its as watery as piss so it can't manage it, so it just carries a kind of vaguely repugnant afterthought taste that somehow manages to dominate whatever its been in contact with. Everything about it just screams WRONGUN.

I'm none too keen on water melons either, for much the same reason. Although they don't quite have the same gag-factor that the c-word has.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Up there with olives - though I wouldn't have the two together.

Take a tuna fillet, squeeze the juice of lime over it, and the tiniest twist of white pepper, and sear it in a hot pan for two minutes each side. Marvellous.

Mr. One, not only is this my favourite dish but you also proudly display lyrics to JJ & the Bandawgons monster "Breakin' down the walls of heartache" - Awesome!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here